AC Power Cords

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 3/8/2005 3:51:33 PM silversport wrote:

Shuff...SEE...we CAN agree on something!!! Yes, by gosh YES! I DID mean post not thread...conclusively and precisely I did in FACT mean post and I stand corrected...my apologies (this is the only serious part of my THREAD...
9.gif2.gif3.gif
)

Now...either pistols at dawn or Roman Candles at midnight...your thoughts???

Bill

----------------

How would you feel about drawing for I.Q. points, highest "hand" wins. 2.gif

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/8/2005 3:56:18 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

On 3/8/2005 3:38:40 PM SHUFF wrote:

You guys have been asking for the "science" since last Friday. I just felt that Mizutani's definitive text would be more beneficial to those looking for answers than knowing what brand of cord I own.

----------------

citing a text that deals with:

The electron theory of metals describes how electrons are responsible for the bonding of metals and subsequent physical, chemical and transport properties. This textbook gives a complete account of electron theory in both periodic and non-periodic metallic systems. The author presents an accessible approach to the theory of electrons, comparing it with experimental results as much as possible. The book starts with the basics of one-electron band theory and progresses to cover up-to-date topics such as high Tc superconductors and quasicrystals. The relationship between theory and potential applications is also emphasized. The material presented assumes some knowledge of elementary quantum mechanics as well as the principles of classical mechanics and electromagnetism. This textbook will be of interest to advanced undergraduates and graduate students in physics, chemistry, materials science and electrical engineering. The book contains numerous exercises and an extensive list of references and numerical data.

without saying why provides no reference at all....

what about Dr. Mizutani's book applies to the discussion at hand??

how is his work with superconductors and quasicrystals relevant to power cables??

how does electron theory prove or disprove claims of aftermarket power cable companies??

why is this book more relevant than the standard electronic books that present ohms law and the practical application of electicity in our audio equipment???

can you give us any reasons why we should spend $48 on an ebook or more in the bookstore that could provide ANY relevant information in the quest for the truth about power cables??

ah..... yes.... i forgot that trolls don't answer direct questions.....

----------------

I guess the thought of venturing too far beyond the fundamental is terrifying for you.

By the way, your "Googling" wasn't very thorough, at one time most of this text was available as free downloads, on-line, no need to spend a dime, just a little time.

----------------

On 3/8/2005 4:05:17 PM SHUFF wrote:

I guess the thought of venturing too far beyond the fundamental is terrifying for you.

By the way, your "Googling" wasn't very thorough, at one time this text was available as a free download on-line, no need to spend a dime, just a little time.

----------------

you know nothing about me or what i read or don't read.... what my interests are or what i like beyond audio.... but you can make all the ASSumptions that you want to.... that's what trolls do....

i was just trying to get a straight answer from you..... but i guess that is beyond your limitations...

"available at one time" does not mean that it is available now.... unless you care to list a link....

"The electron theory of metals describes how electrons are responsible for the bonding of metals and subsequent physical, chemical and transport properties."

And may I add, properties that still are not fully understood nor explored, and reaching far beyond the observation of electron behavior known as "Ohm's Law".