Laminate flooring good in use with my RF-5?

Taylorbaby

----------------

On 3/1/2005 4:31:03 PM DrWho wrote:

----------------

On 3/1/2005 2:56:57 PM mike stehr wrote:

Pergo? Yuck! Do you want a WOOD floor or a bunch of pieces of MDF with pictures of wood on them?

Someday a guy might want to sand and refinish that floor, ain't goin' there with Pergo.

Granted the laminated wood "pictures" may last quite awhile, but once it's fried there's nothing you can do but tear it up and replace it.

I would think it would rather tough to make Pergo look like 5 inch Select Red Birch after the final finish coat, or that creamy look of Maple.

Or any type of wood flooring for that matter.....

----------------

The worst part is pergo is just as expensive...I know because we put wood floor in our entire house by ourselves (well we paid to get the finishing done). We have friends who got pergo around the same time we did and our floor looks the same as it did new (maybe a few knicks here and there), but our friend's had to replace about a third of their tiles and they don't wear well at all. Getting water on the floor just ruins pergo.

----------------

Hi Dr. Who:

If your wife has a part time Interior Decorating, remodeling, Custom Audio and non monitored multi-alarm business, the cost is MUCH lower.

RICK TATE:

I have his Address.

dodger

----------------

On 3/2/2005 11:54:13 AM dodger wrote:

Hi Dr. Who:

If your wife has a part time Interior Decorating, remodeling, Custom Audio and non monitored multi-alarm business, the cost is MUCH lower.

RICK TATE:

I have his Address.

dodger

----------------

I take it you've got pergo then 2.gif

Perhaps I should mention that pergo still looks good and the durability issue is probably less important when you don't have kids running around the house dropping mag lights off the top of the regrigerator 2.gif

----------------

On 3/2/2005 11:58:34 AM DrWho wrote:

----------------

On 3/2/2005 11:54:13 AM dodger wrote:

Hi Dr. Who:

RICK TATE:

I have his Address.

dodger

----------------

I take it you've got pergo then
2.gif

Perhaps I should mention that pergo still looks good and the durability issue is probably less important when you don't have kids running around the house dropping mag lights off the top of the regrigerator
2.gif

----------------

Hi Dr. Who:

Actually no, we don't.

But if you should need any for your Parents house (actually if they need), contact me and I will help with pricing.

But I can agree with your comments.

O.T. My Sister-in-Law had a chestnut floor put in their kitchen. Beautiful, but you have to take your shoes and socks off and put on a fresh pair of socks. That's stretching anything.

Take Care,

dodger

Grippers...from wal-mart are little pads for furniture Andy told me about them for my Scalas...they kinda dampen and grip the floor, hard to explain but i think they do work good.Kinda hooks up the speaker to the floor without vibrations getting to the floor....Rick

• 4 weeks later...