What to do?

kreynj

I am in the process of upgrading my HT and I have finally got the first piece of the puzzle a 34 Sony XBR tube however; I am now in the market to upgrade my speakers and receiver. The speakers come first because the receiver I am running is still a Yamaha DSPA1. My current setup is as follows:

2 Advent Prodigy Towers.

Boston Acoustics Center

2 Cambridge Soundworks Dipole

No Sub.

The no sub will be remedied but I am wanting to save some space and have been thinking about satellites. The last time I listened to satellites they sounded a bit 'tinny' and not very spacial (if that's a word). Hence my dilemma. The Advents need to be repaired as I live in dry climate and the surrounds on the woofers have simply disintegrated. I have found a repair kit for them though so I haven't decided what to do on that front. I'm considering purchasing the Quintet II but I'm not so sure about the spacing and don't want them to sound like they are boxy. Same goes with the Cinema 8. I'm also considering RB-25 Home Theater System.

That being said, should I dump my current configuration or should I step and get a new Klipsch? Would I miss anything by buying something new? TIA.

Since I like the sound of the Reference series, I would recommend upgrading. Depending on your budget, I would purchase the RB-35's as the front and rear speakers, RC-35 as the center and the RSW-12 as the sub. If you have a greater budget I would go for the RB-75's and RC-7. However, both configurations would give you a great HT and save on space.

My living room is about 12.5' X 16'.

This is going to be mostly for movies and tv broadcasts (movies, sports, etc). On occasion I will be listening to some music but I don't listen to much music at home.

Budget is about as low as I can keep it under 2k. I would like to spend less however; as I would like to upgrade my amp.

Thanks

i vote rb25 sys or higher. the bookshelfs just have a bigger sound.

i look at prices and see that the rb25s and rsx5s are the same(and so are other speakers in the same "lines"). only reason to go with the rsx5 system would be for size. other than that the rb25s have them beat in all ways.

scp53