Thinking about selling my Outlaw 7100. Used value?

Shade

Thinking about selling my Outlaw 7100 (7x100) amp. Excellent condition, about 2 yrs old, still have the box. Retail was $900.

Any idea what I could expect to get for it? Haven't seen a used one online for a while.

Sad, I agree with Griff.. Used audio gear is used.... Get a year out, and seems like 1/2 and 1/2 again is a good starting place for things sudio....(as a general rule.)

So a 1000 retail 1/2 = 500... 1/2 = it is worth 250.... as a starting point.

Not sure why this works, but it does seem to pan out.

That said, a more thechnologically advanced and feature rich product, in perfect condition, might fetch more.

Roger

In this case, your in a buyers market... looking for low cost. Not a sellers market, with low supply highly wanted items. Audiogon might be your best bet.

b-stock on the outlaw 7100 on the outlaw website is $825 right now

the big problem is that there are quite a few amps out there in the 200 watt range for not much more money that will power alot more speakers with adequate headroom...

additionally..... many people look to upgrade with an outboard power amp with their current receiver.... and most receivers these days are rated for 100 watts per channel..... and yes i know that the outlaw 7100 will probably produce more real power for all 7 channels compared to any receiver..... but people willing to lay down the money want a more significant power increase than 100 so-so watts per channel to 100 real watts per channel ..... (at least IMHO)

----------------

On 3/7/2005 12:29:26 PM Shade wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Streyle & Olorin : I'm trying to line up a new amp right now. If everything works out, I'll let you know sometime this week.

Thanks

----------------

hey shade.....any update?