bored looking for something to do? TRY THIS

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH, i know one of you fellas are bored and looking for something to do i have just the ticket!!!!

come over to my house and ALPHABATIZE MY ALBUMS AND INSERT THEM INTO THERE NEW PLASTIC SLEEVES, only have 1500 to do. you know you wanna do this, dont all rush at once. no really slow down. i promise they will still be there in the morning10.gif Joe

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKK 3d i will be right over, you know of course i will require food and music????, how many albums you have there. i will have mine counted up within the next few days, looks like i will be selling close to 300 albums maybe a little less or more not sure going thru pulling out all the doubles (except for promos) trying to grade them as i go toss the crap, so far though majority of doubles are in very good shape some of the covers are worn but overall not too bad. do you think i should post a thread on here before i list them for auction, not sure how many guys or gals on here are vinyl freaks, one cool thing about going thru all the albums is you see alot of stuff forgot about and get to listen to it again10.gif Joe

----------------

On 3/5/2005 11:29:15 PM DrWho wrote:

hmmm, are you willing to pay for a plane ticket?
2.gif

----------------

depends on the price, have to figure out an equation frustration X time divided by cash =, gotta get back to the fun im all the way up to arlo guthrie alices resturant,10.gif Joe

Hey joe -

This might seem a bit retarded of an idea, but what the hell....

You could always put a small piece of tape (something that would come off easily and not damage the cover) on each album. Then number the albums just as they are (unsorted). Next you could create a spreadsheet on your computer that would associate the number on the tape with the artist/title of the album. Then, sort that spreadsheet by artist which would also give you an order for the numbered pieces of tape such as 23, 2, 67, 45, 1001, etc. The last step would be to arrange the albums according to the order of those numbered pieces of tape. Like I said, this might sound like a retarded way of doing things, but would result in no mis-filings and having to go back-n-forth.

This would also give you a list of your albums in case (God forbid) that something were to happen and you lost some or all of them.

And no, I'm not volunteering. 1.gif

Tom

thank you so much for the idea!!!!!! WHAT NOT VOLUNTEERING, WHY I NEVER. i was trying to do the huck finn thing make this sound exciting and get someone else to do it for me, presently about 1/3 of the way thru the mess, get a few straight take a break, what we go thru for music!!!10.gif Joe

----------------

On 3/7/2005 3:52:04 PM joessportster wrote:

thank you so much for the idea!!!!!! WHAT NOT VOLUNTEERING, WHY I NEVER. i was trying to do the huck finn thing make this sound exciting and get someone else to do it for me, presently about 1/3 of the way thru the mess, get a few straight take a break, what we go thru for music!!!
10.gif
Joe

----------------

"Will Work For Beer"

9.gif

Tom

or leave all the albums in the old stack. Then put the most recently played ones in a new pile or a new alphabetized stack. As you listen to an album, return it either to the most recently played pile or the new alphabetized stack-

until the new, alphabetized stack includes ALL the albums, you will still have to hunt for selections in the old stack...

or, hire a kid at $2/hr to alphabetize a new stack for you!

16.gif

----------------

On 3/7/2005 4:06:01 PM Tom Adams wrote:

----------------

On 3/7/2005 3:52:04 PM joessportster wrote:

thank you so much for the idea!!!!!! WHAT NOT VOLUNTEERING, WHY I NEVER. i was trying to do the huck finn thing make this sound exciting and get someone else to do it for me, presently about 1/3 of the way thru the mess, get a few straight take a break, what we go thru for music!!!
10.gif
Joe

----------------

"Will Work For Beer"

9.gif

Tom

----------------

thats my kinda labor, will work for beer thats classic, first laugh of the day thanks 10.gif Joe

well guys i am up to the letter Q and running out of shelf space quick, these 3 mil vinyl sleeves eat up some space but they sure are nice, have 200 doubles to go thru and grade for sale so far, can figure i will find at least another 50, less than i thought i kinda figured i would have at least 400 doubles anyone interested in vinyl email i may have what you are looking for (classic rock, 70's mainly)10.gif Joe

YYYYYEEEESSSSS FINALLY GOT THEM ALL ALPHABATIZED, now to go thru and grade the doubles i have and see about selling them off, sure am glad that is over only have about 250 or 300 to go thru and grade from what i looked at though most of the vinyl seems to be very good or better, a few of the covers are rough but hey overall not to shabby10.gif Joe