What's all the fuss about?!

fgarib

----------------

On 3/11/2005 2:47:50 PM D0N wrote:

PR, I'm not sure I understand what you said about the shipping. I paid shipping both ways. It wasn't included in the job.

----------------

I was refering to the shipping Craig has to pay to get these parts in his basement. It add up pretty quick as I assume he doesn't maintain a huge inventory. Don't forget that for a good portion of the inventory Craig has to maintain, you just don't these at the Radio Schack (even if Radio Schack would have them, chances are there is no Radio Schack in Flint!!!).

I'm somewhat familiar with typical prices a repair shop will charge and Craig is definitively not ripping off his clients.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone, but when I asked Joe Curcio about the 10 ohm resistors that he doesn't include in his bias upgrade, he said he could provide them for $3.50 each and put them in with a part that was left out. I ordered them myself for $.40 each. Since he was paying the second shipping anyway, it seemed a bit high to me. SOme of the other parts from him were similarly marked up.

But the same thing probaby applies-- he wouldn't maintain a large inventory.

Marvel

----------------

On 3/11/2005 2:26:20 PM D0N wrote:

Ben, feel free to price the parts from the parts list yourself. I don't know how credible someone has to be to do that? It's all there in black & white. My credibility or lack thereof, has nothing to do with the situation.

------------------

Why is it Crooks are always looking to accuse everyone else of being a crooks. Olde D0N has had numorous eBay seller accounts over the years once he has a few negatives feedbacks he just starts a new one. If he can't get a new name himself then he uses his life patners name to ripp people off. After all he must be ripping everyone off since he doesn't sell the stuff on eBay for what he paid for it.

----------------

On 3/11/2005 2:47:50 PM D0N wrote:

PR, I'm not sure I understand what you said about the shipping. I paid shipping both ways. It wasn't included in the job.

You're right, I wasn't happy with the prices. How is someone supposed to know the prices they'll be charged beforehand?

Ask???
"...exactly how bad am I going to be gouged for the parts my fisher needs?"

I'm done saying anything. My point has been made.

I didn't start this little argument. ----------------

Some more bullsh!t spewed you were quoted a price before any work was preformed on your receiver and you could of said no way at that point and paid the return shipping fee. All my customers at the very least get a + - 10 total price before I go to work on there amp. In many cases a detailed invoice was is sent before I start the work. Your a real a$$ dude.

Jeff was referring to the cost of getting the parts shipped to me. For instance those .1uF caps were purchased for 2.50 a piece from Tony Welsh then tack on the shipping from Russia I bet I made just over a dollar a piece on those !! For that dollar MY MONEY WAS TIED UP for a good long time in fact I still have 50 or so pieces of this very cap I bought a huge lot of these from Tony Welsh. This value is very sporadically available some times you can get lots of 20 other times you can not. If you buy from Tony Welsh you are going to pay the price. When I can source them through KWtubes I get a much better deal but he hardly ever has these and never in quantity. Even the parts that are sourced here in the USA cost to have shipped Doh

----------------

On 3/11/2005 3:26:37 PM Painful Reality wrote:

I'm somewhat familiar with typical prices a repair shop will charge and Craig is definitively not ripping off his clients.

----------------

Thanks Jeff & Ben I appreciate the common sense support.