Tube Guy's, Guess what's in my barn & garage?

JJkizak

I have an old Motorola tube table model radio with stereo speakers in my barn that works real well. Then I remembered that my garage has an old Admiral console stereo (tubes) with a Garard changer that also still works real well. It does have a lot of car polish buffing debris on it. It will still pound out the booming bass, kind of like the "old days". I am just a "funnin" you but I still do listen to those antiques especially when I was refinishing the K-horns in the barn. Kind of like what "Odd Ball" says, "it kind of soothes your nerves".

JJK

I've got a Halicrafters tube shortwave radio that only needed a power supply capacitor to work. I gutted the old one and put modern caps inside the can. It still looks stock, but sounds much better due to the better filter caps. There's a service tag on the power cord dated 1941. Interesting point in time to listen to SW hu? I do still listen to SW at times, but not on the old Halicrafters. Digital tuning is so much more reliable.

Last year, when I completed nearly a decade on my family farm, the Quonset Hut (machine shed) had Hot Tub, tri-amped JBL PA, pool table, entire Rock band lighting rig, fog machine, and photo studio.

I really miss that place. Nothing like wide open spaces.

Michael

yaffstone,

What Hallicrafters model do you have? I have an SX-62 sitting in my barn. It needs a lot of work, which it won't get from me. There is more iron in there than most cars these days.

Marvel