Tripath arrival!

A million thanks to Daddy Dee for allowing me to test out this new amp.

Stay tuned for the latest in my "The best amplifier I have ever heard" adventure.2.gif

Erik

Honestly, since the TEAC has 3 channels, it might be ideal for our front three speakers.

...still, I listened to the Moth with headphones last night, and the sound is rich and very involving. It's also the best amp I have ever heard!

It's O.K. Erik, for I'm plagued with the very same syndrome. Right now, I'm listening to the VAC, which is certainly the best amp I've ever heard. In the next month or so, I'm looking forward to buying another best amp I've ever heard. Like me, you just love ice cream, and it almost doesn't matter what flavor it is!

Dean: You speak the truth -- I love ice cream, and my choice of flavor can change from day to day; I can appreciate and enjoy the differences. One flavor combo that just was really bad sounding was the MOTH hooked up to the Lexicon. There is just something about its gain and probably some small Miller Effect issues that made me unplug it from the Lexicon as fast as I hooked it up! Bad, bad, bad....

...but with headphones and in conventional two channel mode with the K-horns, it sounds larger and more powerful than either the Horus or Moondogs. It's become my daily headphone amp, and looks really great. The two 6SL7s glow from behind the two circular, art-Decoesque Pyrex portholes on the front of the chassis. For me, that amp is definitely a sight for the eyes as much as the ears.

BTW: I have a feeling that VAC amp of yours must be an outstanding amp! Marie keeps asking me to build a 300B amplifier because she likes the look of the tube! I do too, actually -- They remind me of high altitude, scientific weather balloons!

Erik

I'll think up something suitably negative to include in the Tripath description! 2.gif