Movin' up!!

Mighty Favog

To all you/us McIntosh fans out there. I just received my MVP-841 from Audio Classics. This thing is truley awsome. One of the first cd's played Larry Carlton's "Discovery" and the bass extention could produce instant spontanious fecal materials without hesitation. When I read the fequency (4Hz to 22KHz) that explained evrything. Then it was fed the "Hell Freezes Over" DVD but I couldn't take it eveen close to concert level. That Girlfriend Permission thing keeps gettin it the way. It's a real shame that it won't play audio cd's made at the computer. I do remember seeing some sort of Macrovision credit in the manual.

I do remember reading somewherethat during WWII, Hitler used some sort of bass producing apparatus to make the "pesants" very nausious and incontinent.

Now that I have totaly ruined any type of positive ratings I have accrued because of some of the subject matter in this post, as Monty Python would say, "You'll pass them now."

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

McIntosh C33

McIntosh MVP-841

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 08-24-2001 at 01:59 PM

Sounds like instantaneous benefits! I'm also a fan of Larry Carlton.

Just wondering have you heard any of the following: FourPlay "Yes, Please" Larry's on guitar with Bob James, Harvey Mason & Nathan East; Brian Culbertson "nice and slow" excellent piano, bass & horns; Rick Braun "Kisses in the rain" great horns, bass & drums; Steely Dan's DVD or CD "Two Against Nature" Classic Dan with their slammin' sound and their humorous lyrics.

Bet you're looking forward to Girls night out!

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-23-2001 at 06:46 PM

SS-

Man, am I in the doghouse. I was reading your post last night and had to leave my desk for a moment. She came in and found my first post still on the screen. DOHH!! Now I'm getting this big harang about it being OUR house (I moved in with her). I guess this means another trip to Tiffany's downtown. It's really bad this time because I have to rely on her to get me to work until Mitsubishi comes up with a cam-angle sensor for my Talon.

cwm25.gif

I've been listening to Larry Carlton for a number of years now, and through all that I still don't have alot of his work committed to memory. "Two Against Nature" has been played quite a bit 'round here. It's getting to be the test album just after a new piece of equipment comes in or a change has been made. I've got a couple Bob James (The Jeanie?) vinyls still but haven't heard anything recent. One CD I do have and that was virtually never played until four months ago was Joe Jackson's "Will Power". It's rather symphonic in nature and could be easily placed as the theme music for "The Mummy". Shame it's out of print (or burn). Last night's showing was the 1975 James Caan classic "Rollerball". Can't complain too much about that one, the girlfriend let me watch the first hour and a half with out interupting me six times at the end.cwm10.gif

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

McIntosh C33

McIntosh MVP-841

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 08-24-2001 at 12:50 PM

Sounds like you two are great partners.cwm12.gif

btw, I'd like to say thanks again for the Audio Elegance info. I talked to Lou again Thursday and bought those Walnut Quartets. Should have saved $35-$55 in transportation costs, compared to eBay prices, plus shipping from either east or west coast.

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-25-2001 at 09:35 AM

SS-

This is great! Now I have someone to ask when she/we get out of kilter. She moved here in 85' from, get this, FLINT, MI.!! She did her undergrad at U of M and more at Mott Community College. Being a car guy you must live at the Ford Museum.

Glad to here you snagged the Quartets. Did you come down hear to get'em or did they send them to you?

This message has been edited by tblasing on 08-26-2001 at 09:32 PM

A Wolverine in Buckeye Country. I imagine she gets razzed a bit?

I've visited the Museum a couple of times, it's nice but you can't get up close & personal with the vehicles. I enjoy the summer cruse nights, car clubs meet weekly. They bring out some of the best classic and custom vehicles in this area. Opportunity to see up close and talk to owners. I spend a good bit of time watching SpeedVision.

Given AE's cost of shipping (less than $30 for the pair), I really couldn't justify the drive for a personal pick up. Think I'm set for speakers now? I'm thinking of coming down to Cincinnati's "Jazz Festival" next year. I've never been to one. I've got to get offline and prepare to put in some "Quality Time" today!

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-26-2001 at 08:36 AM