Subwoofer/amp recommendations for my new system

pyroponic

I don't really know what you mean by "reasonably priced," but if you can get a Denon 4802R, THX Ultra 2 at a good price, before the 4805 comes out would be my recommendation. I have been pleased with mine. I also have the Denon 3805 with RB-75's in another room that sounds good. I have owned 4 Yammi's that I liked, but after I purchased a Denon 3803 to replace a Yamaha RXV-800, I haven't gone back.

Everyone has their own opinion on this issue and evidently it is highly subjective. If you feel comfortable with your salesperson, try auditioning some of the recommendations in your own home. Good Luck

There are quite a few folks here that swear by SVS subs, but you can only get them on line--I like to support brick and mortar companies, so I would go to your nearest Klipsch dealer and wheel and deal on a RSW-12--most are having problems financially, and you may be able to talk them into a deal. What about the place where you bought your speakers?1.gif

Indeed, the phrase "reasonably priced" is a completely subjective term.

When I worked retail, people would look at the lineup I had and go "well, I'm not trying to buy the best thing in the world" - thinking that the $800 receiver I had was the best thing in the world...

Once I explained to them that the offerings at that store were merely the bottom slice of the receiver world (typically by showing them the multi-thousand-dollar top of the line receivers by the same companies), their thinking changed about what they perceived as "reasonably priced"...

So what exactly do you perceive as reasonably priced? I'd say a Sunfire Cinema Grand (roughly $3,000) is pretty reasonably priced, when comparing it to the mighty Bel Canto separates ($6500 for the preamp, about $1000 per channel for the amplification) - but then Bel Canto's systems are very reasonable compared to the $20,000 per channel ultra-audiophile amplifiers out there...