Need Help mounting RS-7 in wall

tiggs

Is there a separate mount I can buy to attach these to a wall. I would like to have them installed in the corner of my room just below the ceiling. What would be the best solution.

Also, I can't run the wires through the walls so I am looking for the flat paintable speaker wire.

Thanks for anyone's input.

I've never seen a RS7 in person, so don't have any idea how large/cumbersome it may be.

That said, why not get some brackets (the "L" variety), mount to some stud(s) inside the wall, mount something to the bracket that will be large/sturdy enough to hold the speaker (3/4" shelf??) and have at it. (and be sure to secure into studs with decent screws)

I must admit that though my wife says my concoctions are usually strong enough, she feels they tend to lack in the asthetic department 15.gif

"IN" wall, or "ON" wall? (oops, just noticed)

If IN wall, (how wide is speaker?)

Again, I don't know the dimensions, but why not find your studs, cut a secion of drywall out(be careful to find any wires, plumbing, phones, mice hangouts 11.gif). Once your drywall section is out, put a 2x4 (presume 2x4 studs) BETWEEN two studs to act as your shelf and support the weight. Frame in the rest of the receiver box, perhaps add a couple small screws THROUGH the speaker to lock it to the side studs (yikes), or fabricate a bezel to surround the speaker and affix the bezel to the studs, slap your drywall back up, finish it, paint it & enjoy it.

Again I reiterate that I don't know the dimensions of a RS7 so don't know how practical what I said might be.

I'm mounting my LaScalas "in wall" 6.gif I happen to have a stairwell on one end of the room so I've removed a partial stud (and put a header in it's place) and now have a 32" opening in the wall to slide the speakers back into (on the FLOOR). When I'm done, they'll both be behind some kind of grill I'll fabricate. The nice thing is, the REAL ESTATE they require will be back for my use. They'll be using what's otherwise dead space in the "closet" that's located under the stairwell.

(my wife thinks THAT is a pretty asthetic plan 3.gif )

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=367

Here is the speaker. If you go to 360 degree view on this page you can see the back where there are mounting holes.

Im sorry, I meant "on wall" not in wall.

I have am going to run a 7.1 setup using my Denon AVR-5803. Two of the side surround RS-7s were going to be put on stands. Anyone know a particular stand that will work well with these speakers? Something 48 inch would be fine.

The other two rear surround RS-7s are going to be mounted high in the corner. I dont not want to put a shelf unless absolutely necessary.

As you can see I need the flat speaker wire that is paintable.

post-17617-13819263458398_thumb.jpg

Actually, I was wondering how I could mount the RS-7s using the key holes? Would I just mount it like a picture with a screw? Or is there a bracket that will fit in there and mount that to the wall?

What size screw should I use? Sorry for these stupid questions.

Also, be sure to enlist a friend to help in the process. They are akward at best to hang and heavy. Yes, panhead screws in a stud are the best way to hang them but you can use hollow wall anchors as a last resort if a stud is not available.