Wrong forum, but what the heck?! JM Labs Rocks

fgarib

Focal makes some very fine drivers and should be seriously considered if you are interested in speaker design.

But then, since we are having fun with the little faux pases of the past (is that the plural form? Hey, I took German and Russian!), we can't forget Perrier and the small matter of benzene!

My last experience in France was when we were scheduled to do a show at EuroDisney when the farmers decided to blockade the highways with their tractors! Some fun! I think it was in 1992! And all I wanted to do was to get a Disney Tshirt! But at ~$80 apiece, that didn't happen either!

But then the Germans made us unpack the SR set from the semi's and take the back off EVERY speaker cabinet for inspection after doing a show in the Netherlands (of course Amsterdam)! (Thank goodness for DeWalt and Makita battery powered drill/screwdrivers!)2.gif Evidently they were a bit perturbed over the lax drug enforcement policies in Amsterdam! But I think we were just the pawns in the game. (This is where I break into a chorus of "Lawyers, guns & money"!)

And there are some really delightfully hilarious (I think the proper word may be 'insane'!!) stories from my dad dealing with diplomatic interactions there...and I think I can understand why the word 'entanglement' seems to so often surface in foreign affairs! Suffice it to say that they are worth recounting over a beer!

But enough....Gee its hard to bridge this subject without ruffling a few feathers!9.gif9.gif

Would now be a good time to bring up religion and the latest marketing hype from Bose and Monster?12.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Max, You need a pair of Khorns for your little Princess to listen to Barney on!2.gif I can still recite/sing all the Winnie The Pooh albums my daughter played over and over on the Khorns when she was young. Brings a smile even now after thirty years.

Spend 15 grand on those Triangles and you will have speakers. Spend the same on Klipschorns, you will have a family heirloom.

Rick

Rick, that's how I feel about the Cornwalls. I may not be using them at the moment, but I'll never get rid of them! They've been in our family since '79, and they'll be around for many more years to come.16.gif