Chorus or Chorus II?

ajcllc

The chorus is a nice speaker and less fussy about room positioning.

The chorus II on the other hand i find particularly fussy about set up. The passive radiator needs a corner to shine.

I have always found the mids a touch smoother with the chorus II as well.

So with the proper set up chorus II gets my vote between the two.

But then again i might be biased because i would take a chorus II over most of the klipsch offerings for several reasons.

Good Luck,

Randy

I bought a mint pair of oiled oak Chorus I's a few months back through that were advertised in our local paper,they were just 15 minutes from where I live,paid $500. Kept them for 4 months or so,liked them alot. Then along came a pair of Chorus II's in C8.5 oiled walnut condition for $450,for that price I couldn't pass them up,but had to drive 5 hours each way to get them. I played the Chorus II's and then the Chorus I's,A/B-ing them with help from my wife. Both Chorus I's and II's sounded very good,but the II's were sweeter in the mid range and the bass was slightly better. But to our ears the difference between the 1"s & II's was not that great. Either speaker is a very good choice. I sold the Chorus II's on Ebay for $600,which was a very good deal for the buyer,he drove six hours each way to picke them up. I made enough to pay for gas to pick up the Chorus II',had to drive my wife's gas pig suv. But loking back I did like the Chorus I's,they didn't have a single nick of scratch,they were perfect.

But I'm settled with the Chorus II's. So If you find a pair of Chorus I's at a good price,you can't go wrong. When I had my Chorus I's I was thinking maybe the II's are so much better sounding and should keep an eye out for a pair and I read all the Chorus posts on the Klipsch forum. Most folks seem to like the II's over the I's. But for my ears the II's made a slight difference in sound,not enough for all the trouble of selling the I's to get the II's and driving 10 hours,but hey it's a done deal now. If you find a pair of I's for under $700 in mint condition you can't go wrong.

Cheers,

Robert

From a specs stadpoint Klipsch published CHorus II haviong 6 hz lower bass response to 39 hz.

From a mid horn standpoint some (most) people prefer the Tractix horn of the CHorus II.

I am keeping my Chorus II.

And as heretical as it may sound; I like them allot better than my limited listening to Cornwalls.