Final Cut

AnalOg

I have mixed emotions on whether its good or not. The story line is original for sure. As I posted above, it leaving me feeling like something went over my head doesn't allow me to draw a full conclusion of the film. If anyone else can comment, I'm open for a little enlightment.

Tom

Tom - I'm with you. Robin Williams is a great actor but I'm not clear on this one. I suppose they wanted to burn the pathetic father for what he did to his daughter but I can't understand why Alan wouldn't have agreed to that. Maybe I'll watch it again. If anybody out there has a clue, several of us would appreciate your insight.

This edit is to warn anyone who has not seen the movie to stop here. It's worth a view so watch it and get back to us - please!

I took the DVD back to Blockbuster and there were 4 clerks standing at the checkout. I asked if any of them had a clue and they all just shrugged their shoulders. I figure the other "cutter" was hired to burn the little girl's father. Maybe not because of his actions toward her but rather for political or business reasons. I can't figure why Alan had to be shot either.

Spoilers included!!

The premise of the story was essentially technology versus God. First, you have a technology (the ability to record a person's life from their own eyes) and then you have those opposed to the technology because they view it as against God. So, the other cutter was now working for the opposition trying to bring down the EYE company thus bringing down the technology. So, this guy that "Alan" was cutting was an attorney that worked for the company. I guess, they felt if they exposed the corruption within his own life (his indescretions with his own daughter) then they would expose the dangers of the technology. Since it was up to the cutter to create the lasting images of each person's life it was easy (and obviously expected) to make the person out to be a saint, regardless of how bad a person they had been.

Even though I understood where they were headed with the story, for the most part, I was still left wanting something that the movie didn't deliver. I might watch it again sometime to see if there was something I missed but I certainly wouldn't own it.

D

• 3 months later...

Not a bad movie..very diffent story....

The Jim Caviezel character and his scar faced friends were trying to expose the company EYE to have the implant technology stopped since it has changed how people act with one another once they are told they have the implantg and everything they see and hear is not recorded....

I wondered why they did not touch on the subject of police using the information from the implants to prosecute the living....and they also did not touch on the whole invasion nof privacy issue....

Still the movie was made pretty well....the scenery was very well done....

They could have made the movie a bit longer to see what happened and if EYE was brought down....but....not the intent of the movie....

did you notice the last scene when seeing Alan (robin Williams character) implant images...of him looking in mirror....he walked away..but the image stayed on the mirror....where it should have followed his eyes....

I really liked it...it's one of those movies I recommend to all the regular customers at the video store because it's something most people have never heard of.

I didn't find anything confusing about it though...or that anything was left hanging. Then again, I'm known for wierd movie tastes 2.gif