Who would pay $75K for these Overkill R2D2s?

3dzapper

Yeah, and you could bi-wire up huge mono-blocks at another 20K with $100 a ft cables and wires. I'll just stick with the corns, 50 watt cheapy, lamp cord, and laugh all the way to the bank with better sound, thanks to Klipsch. I guess there was a reason he wore that button, eh?

BS

----------------

On 3/25/2005 12:32:16 AM smilin wrote:

Setup assistance is available if desired, although it's fairly straightforward when talked through it over the phone. After all ... "this ain't rocket science" ... these are "just" extraordinary speakers ... unarguably the finest in the world.

----------------

Obviously this is a speaker tailored to some dumb rich bloke that finds $75k to be pocket change...if they were such a good speaker, then why would the seller imply that the buyer would need help setting them up? I would expect only those already well acquainted with audio would be the only type people that could appreciate their exquisite qualities!

Oh wait, I'm assuming they sound amazing...my bad

I did read the review posted at the bottom of the audiogon ad and I found the "bending-wave Manger driver" to be an interesting concept. They aren't very clear on it's design, but it seems like smaller diameters of the driver move when higher frequencies are being reproduced. But thinking about it a bit further, I wonder how this would work when a whole mess of frequencies were being made at the same time 2.gif