Foghat guitarist falls down stairs and dies

synthfreek

yes, one of the founding members of Foghat, he played with many British and American Blues legends during his lifetime. Was 57. In later years, had moved to a small town in Britain where no one knew of his fame, had been giving guitar lessons locally. Can you imagine that?

Michael

----------------

On 3/26/2005 9:37:46 AM synthfreek wrote:

I didn't know if you Foghat fans heard about this. I think it happened a few days ago. Rod Price was the guy's name.

----------------

As they were one of my favourite bands back in the '70s I did read that and felt one more part of my past gone.

A great guitarist, he joins Lonesome Dave.

Rod, Thank you for the music and may you rest in peace. Yours and Lonesome Dave's great Guitar work will live on, but you WILL be missed.

Sleep weel, you've earned it.

dodger

Rod Price died on Tuesday, March 22nd at his home in Wilton, New Hampshire. Apparently he was known there more for attending his son's sports events. From what I've read the locals there were not really that familiar with his musical backround. Foghat had several gold and platinum recordings. He was well respected in musical circles as a slide guitar player.