My K57Ks arrived just now

m00n

email Bob or Dean, maybe they can point you to a capacitor value you can put in line to at least have a hi-pass 6db xover at 700Hz or so. Don't listen too long for too loud though, the 6dB slope isn't much protection.

Or do you have a friend in the band business with an electronic xover that you could use? Again, do a 12dB xover at around 700Hz. Not too loud on the new diaphrams please. Treat them like a new car- easy does it at first!

Michael

m00n,

I test midrange drivers on horns often with just an amp. Keep the input very low and you should be alright. With the K-55 on a horn I don't think you could hurt one with even up to around 20 watts without a crossover but the K-57 might be a bit more tender than that.

disclaimer-- I sell diaphragms for midrange drivers.

Bob Crites

----------------

On 3/28/2005 5:49:17 PM BEC wrote:

m00n,

disclaimer-- I sell diaphragms for midrange drivers.

Bob Crites

----------------

Yes, and If I need some I'll contact you. Just not sure yet.

I do have a question since I have your attention. The lead hook ups.. Which is positive and which is negative? There are no markings on them other than a yellow painted "A"

Furthermore... I took the horn off. Then I got to poking around, the plastic cone thing that the cone is connected too popped off. When I went to put it back on, I didnt know wich way it was supposed to go back on. I see you have 1 of two choices which are 180 degrees of each other. Does it matter which way it goes back on?