Home Theater without a subwoofer?

Kain

I will be getting the Rx-3s or the Rx-7s soon. I want to get the RSW-12 or RSW-15 subwoofer. But since it will take time for it to arrive here in Dubai, will the Home Theater sound okay without a subwoofer for awhile? Will I be able to feel any bass from the RF-3s or RF-7s?

If you mean feeling the deep bass that goes along with alot of movies, I doubt it. That's the job of a sub, and is directed to it thru the LFE channel or sub output. Of course you can set the reciever to no sub for now and it may help but there is a definate difference when the sub is in place. Between the rf7 and rf3, the 7's are gonna do a better job with bass simple due to bigger drivers and more efficiency. Yes they both have good bass in there own right, but neither were designed to reproduce subsonics. I'm sure you'll be happy with them, it's just that when you get the sub hooked up, it's like JEEZ!

i've been using my klf 30's/c-7 ctr. 'cause that's all i've got. i use sony's simulated surround sound to emulate rears (can't wait for some surrounds!)but i can and have to wait ($) for a kick a** sub-the only kind that will make a serious impact on the already good bass i have. watched the patriot today-cannon fire was pretty intense-i know that a 'teens' sub will make some significant difference, especially by utilising the bass management features of the ss recvr, but some surrounds must come first. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

sony strda-777ES receiver

NEW! sony playstation 2!

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

surrounds and a 'teens sub coming!

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Kewl! Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater (getting soon):

TV: Sony 34" FD Trinitron WEGA

DVD: Toshiba SD-5200

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V3000

Speakers -

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7

Subwoofer: None (Waiting for Klipsch RSW-15)

• 2 weeks later...

OK! THRILLED so far w/my ksps-6's! now avman is looking for a sub (prefferably ONE) to complete my speaker array. i'd love to use the upcoming klipsch reference series sub-if it's up to the task...i want-no-DEMAND-a sub to go (with some authority)into the 'teens'. i've looked briefly at the ?cvs? 'ultra sub/1000 watt amp combo. price and performance look promising. ? can/should you bridge that amp if you only use one sub? i'll dig deeper, but welcome suggestions. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

sony strda-777ES receiver

sony playstation 2

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

a 'teens' sub coming!

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Subs that drop <20hz loudly/cleanly are pretty rare. The HGS15-18,the bigger Whise,the Contra,maybe the SW12,the TN20(and the CSU and 16-46).

You cannot bridge the samson into a single SVS, nor would it be of any benefit if you could. You just aren't going to gain much by using more than 500w into a CS_U.

TV

Since TVodhanel is here how about using my Carver TFM-75 to power two SVS Ultras?

The Carver TFM-75 is rated at 1000W RMS @ 4 ohms/per channel.This should beat the Samson amp you sell,am I right here?

Right now I have...

Aerial Acoustics SW12(SVS like bass,LOL)

Revel B15(HGS killer)

Carver Knight Shadow

Sunfire Signature(SMALL PACKAGE AND HUGE OUTPUT)

Sunfire MarkII

Sunfire Junior

Klipsch KSW15

Klipsch KSW12

You may ask WHY more bass??? Well I am a bass freak.

I want to get in a very near future only the SVS Ultra subs(no amp) as the Carver TFM-75 could serve as the sub amp!What do you think TVodhanel?

Thanks in advance

TheEAR(s) Now theears