SV Sub PB12-ISD or 25-31 PCI?

adkent

Personally, I am a hard won fan of the SVS units - and the PC Ultras raise (lower?) the bar substantially! It is the only unit with the efficiency and low output that I would consider in lieu of my Velodyne HGS-18 series 2.

I might suggest the 16-46 PCi or the 20-39PCi models if you don't want to go for the Ultras. They will give you more future proofing then the PB10. And you can always turn 'them' down! (Start with one!)

I have placed an order for the 20-39CS+. I wanted the Ultra but could not justify the additional cost. I have a 20'x20' room with LaScala mains. I went with the passive just to allow myself to play with amp options. Plus the last powered sub I had rattled inside. Don't ask who made it, the owners of this site would not be happy.

PS Know of a good, low priced ($300) amp for a sub?

Just to round-trip my original post, I ended up going with the PB12-ISD with a discount on the B-side. I dropped a note to Ron & Erik @ SVS, and they responded back within the hour with some recommendations. We essentially dialed it in on the PB12-ISD, which should easily supplement what my Forte's cannot dig low enough for.