What's yer a** on these days?

iXtreme

I see everyone talkin' HT, well, I guess this is the right place. I was wondering what the pros do to make their systems sound better by way of furniture and drapes ect.... BTW what is your favorite kinda HT chair, mine is my leather chair/ottoman combo. What do you guys do??!!!

------------------

System specs:

PIII 500 o/c to 627

256MB PC 100

SB Live 4.1 retail

TnT2 Ultra o/c'd to the max.

HP Scanjet 2200c

HP Deskjet 692c

Many, many cooling fans n'stuff

Pro Media 4.1's

Monster cable power/speaker wire and connects.

not blocking the surrounds-good point. i'm in the gradual process of furnishing/carpeting,etc. my theater room. being in the 'biz' i just recently aquired a contact for theater seating (similar to cineloungers). the company i work for is known for LOW prices, we base our buisiness on low margin/high volume. considering the typical HIGH mark-up on furniture, this is a great opportunity for me, my store manager-who is also building a theater room, a home builder who builds dedicated theater rooms whom i've done work for, and any of my fellow 'klipschers' to get some really cool furniture at reasonable prices. i'm NOT commissioned, just want to pass this info along, and get some buisiness for this new vendor. any serious interests-post or pm me. avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

sony strda-777ES receiver

NEW! sony playstation 2!

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

surrounds and a 'teens sub coming!

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

leather couch in butter placed at distance equal to double the space between the two big old horns, going to try a 1/2" high wood stop trim to tilt them up so that the mid-range horn is angled about 5" higher at a distance of 117" (my ears are about 35" off the floor and I want the mid-range to to pointed right at them)...

------------------

Cornwalls, Bottlehead 2A3 Paramours, Dynaco II, Rotel, KSW200 & LF10

Avman

Thats sounds very nice, how are ya, havent seen ya much!!

As a serious reply to this, im just sitting on an old hide a bad couch, i need to get a new couch soon!!

Im also in the proscess of building another H/T

I have 4 cornwalls, and the academy (soon), with an old Kenwood SRS surround reciever i got for free!!

Regards Jim

hey jim c-thanks for the 'shout out'. been visiting a bb w/a dedicated section to the sony strda 777 ES thanks to a fellow 'klipscher' who responded to a d/a converter ? i answered. got to check out this bb daily though-got to get my 'fix'. i've got the 'hookup' for anyone on this bb for reasonably priced custom theater furniture. I NEED 1-pair ksps-6's to complete my speaker system. just don't feel right about rs-7's, although i appreciate all advice given, my gut tells me go w/ ksps-6's, as well as my room layout, and the advice of a couple of guys in the 'biz. advice?? please post, i'm gettin' surrounds asap. thanks! avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

sony strda-777ES receiver

NEW! sony playstation 2!

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

pioneer dvd player

sharp 35"tv

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

surrounds and a 'teens sub coming!

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!