For a 'cable hater' - I am sure getting a nice collection of AudioQuest:

kenratboy

----------------

On 4/8/2005 11:14:47 PM minn_male42 wrote:

hey griff!

we're all still waiting to read the "superior" specs of the video cable that you sell and use in your installs......

please enlighten us so we can improve our systems..... because using belden RG-59 according to you is sooooooooooooo bad
----------------

LOL - if only you knew. This is SOOOO funny. I would say, but I will let Griff respond 9.gif

----------------

On 4/9/2005 1:23:32 AM kenratboy wrote:

LOL - if only you knew. This is SOOOO funny. I would say, but I will let Griff respond
9.gif

----------------

what is funny is that YOU or no one else can publish specs that prove your cables or any other cables are superior to the belden cable that i listed above.......

you need to do some reading kentratboy or do you might actually believe the CRAP that the marketing departments of monster cable and the other companies are shoveling out????

i KNOW the facts about cables and what the specifications are for precision analog video applications..... do you???

----------------

On 4/9/2005 8:34:52 AM minn_male42 wrote:

what is funny is that YOU or no one else can publish specs that prove your cables or any other cables are superior to the belden cable that i listed above.......

you need to do some reading kentratboy or do you might actually believe the CRAP that the marketing departments of monster cable and the other companies are shoveling out????

i KNOW the facts about cables and what the specifications are for precision analog video applications..... do you???

----------------

I have never had any disagreemen with you, but this sh!t has to stop, NOW.

I hate Monster

***I only bought these cables because they presented the most AFFORDABLE OPTION (I SELL them, dealer price) to me and they are visible (want them to look nice)***

You are really being a jerk.

Wow, just WOW.

----------------

On 4/9/2005 10:33:59 AM kenratboy wrote:

----------------

----------------

I have never had any disagreemen with you, but this sh!t has to stop, NOW.

I hate Monster

***I only bought these cables because they presented the most AFFORDABLE OPTION (I
SELL
them,
dealer price
) to me and they are visible (want them to look nice)***

You are really being a jerk.

Wow, just WOW.

----------------

I am being a jerk???

you posted "LOL - if only you knew. This is SOOOO funny. I would say, but I will let Griff respond 9.gif"

sure sounded like a "jerk" comment to me

11.gif

Ya wanna know why?

Griff sells his customers some fairly cheap cables, and if I recall correctly, will 'throw them in' when people pay retail. He only sells the hi-end stuff (cables) if the customer wants it.

Griff does not buy into the cable hype, even when he is SELLING AND PROFITING from it, that is commendable.

----------------

----------------

On 4/9/2005 1:23:32 AM kenratboy wrote:

LOL - if only you knew. This is SOOOO funny. I would say, but I will let Griff respond
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

----------------

----------------

I realized after I posted the original statement that I was still utterly bored with your sermons about coax, and I attempted to bow out of this "discussion"...

Sorry, dude, but I don't rep any of the lazy brand "manufacturers" who buy Belden cable, slap connectors on it, and package it at 40x markup. I know exactly what Belden RG-59 costs per foot, and I also know its construction. I also know what RG-59 looks like carrying analog video, and it ain't pretty compared to more sophisticated designs.

----------------

On 4/9/2005 7:04:37 PM Griffinator wrote:

I realized after I posted the original statement that I was still utterly bored with your sermons about coax, and I attempted to bow out of this "discussion"...

Sorry, dude, but I don't rep any of the lazy brand "manufacturers" who buy Belden cable, slap connectors on it, and package it at 40x markup. I know exactly what Belden RG-59 costs per foot, and I also know its construction. I also know what RG-59 looks like carrying analog video, and it ain't pretty compared to more sophisticated designs.

----------------

more "marketing" talk from the griff!!!

"sophisticated designs"...... total marketing CRAP!!!!

what cables are you talking about?..... what is the "sophisticated design"?.... what are the specs for these "sophisticated designs"?

kentratboy posted that you don't push expensive cables on your customers...... what cables do you sell your customers?

you attack my recommendation as a lousy idea for carrying "high definition analog video"...... so tell us what is a good cable..... and while you are at it.... give us the specifications for that cable - some real numbers that can PROVE your postion!!!

if you can't do that then you are just making marketing claims.... just like monster cable and all the rest of the B.S. cable manufacturers

it's time to put up or shut up!

I'm not trying to butt into this argument, I'm just wondering why you would use RG-59 over RG-6? For the record, I have RG-6 running from my equipment rack to my TV downstairs (25 ft length) and my TV upstairs (50 ft. length) with RCA connectors (not even soldered, just screwed on) and I think the picture is great. I'm very happy with the picture quality on High Def. This is from somebody who used to use $120.00 Component Video cables (1 meter). My new set ran me about $14.00 at about 8x the length.

----------------

On 4/9/2005 11:16:00 PM toddvj wrote:

I'm not trying to butt into this argument, I'm just wondering why you would use RG-59 over RG-6? For the record, I have RG-6 running from my equipment rack to my TV downstairs (25 ft length) and my TV upstairs (50 ft. length) with RCA connectors (not even soldered, just screwed on) and I think the picture is great. I'm very happy with the picture quality on High Def. This is from somebody who used to use $120.00 Component Video cables (1 meter). My new set ran me about $14.00 at about 8x the length.

----------------

RG-6 is also a good alternative and can work well...

i suggested the belden RG-59 because it is more flexible for interconnects, has a solid copper center, and a copper braid....

as long as the RG-6 that you use is "copper-copper" it can also be a great interconnect

some low cost RG-6 and RG-59 actually uses a steel center conductor and a steel braid for the shield.... just avoid the stell and/or aluminum RG-6 and RG-59 and you should have a good cable.... for video as well as audio applications!

1.gif