KLF-30'S for sale Central Florida ( Black Finish)

Tonga

I have decided to get out of this audio hobby, and for those of you in the Central Florida area and are looking for a pair of Klf-30's, I have a pair that I am selling.

I have had these speakers for about 3-4 yrs now, and over the years they have taken their share of bumps due to our three Rottweilers....the first time that they knocked the speaker over, they broke the mid-range horn ( which was replaced a week later), but right above the small horn tweeter, there was a deep scratch that was put into the cabinet, I have fixed this the best I can and with the speaker grills on there, you will never know its there. The original grills were destroyed by one of our cats, and while I did get the speaker grill cloth , I did an ok job considering that this was my first time ever doing this. I am sure that someone that knows what they are doing would do a better job, but when sitting in the listening chair, you would never know that these were re-covered. The speaker spikes are not the greatest either, but I did put them on the belt sander a few months ago to make them sharp again, and also made some 1" wood disks for the spikes to go into. We have tile floors, that is why the spikes were dull.

On the plus side, these speakers have had the crossover upgraded by Dean, and when you go to the Forums and type in klf upgrades, the one that Dean has all the pictures and description of what he does to the crossovers, well, those are my crossovers.

There are small scratches on the cabinets, but I am sure somebody could find a way to hide these marks, and I have taken all this into account on what I am asking for them.

I can take pictures tonight of the speakers so that if anybody is interested in them, I will forward them to you.

I am asking $500 for these speakers and will not ship them as I dont have the original boxes ( never got them), and so a local pick-up is preferred...or will possibly meet somebody if its a reasonable distance. A small fee may apply if that is done, but we can discuss that later.

Should you have any questions, please email me at my home email, but I will check the board here for replies. Here is my email address :

bchasteen@cfl.rr.com

I also have a Don Garber Fi Y preamp for sale also. There is an ad for it at AudioGon, and while I am asking $875 for it, I am open to any reasonable offer. If you would like to see the ad at AudioGon, member name is Riley804.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and email should you have any questions regarding the speakers or the Fi.

Brad

If I had the spare cash I'd consider the Klipsch. But I'm just curious...why are you getting out of this audio hobby? You will miss it, and in the end you'll just buy more gear and build up another system again.

Regardless, good luck to ya...

I live in Deltona, which is between Daytona Beach and Orlando.

I have been in this so called "hobby" for 5 years or so, and I finally have realized that I will never be able to put together a "high end" system. In order for me to put together a better system than what I have, different stuff would of course have to be bought, but then I have to look into power cords, IC's and speaker cables.....I really dont have the money to buy those things that are needed. A good example is : what is the flavor of the month today, might not be tomorrow or next week, so trying to resell something without taking a huge loss is hard, and I dont have the funds to keep doing this.

Other interests or hobbies that I have ,have been put on the back burner long enough, and would like to start enjoying them more.

I am sure that I will miss it at first and will continue to "search" the listings at AudioGon, but I honestly dont see myself getting back into this hobby again .

Brad

So you'll never be able to put together that "high-end" system you've always wanted...I can understand that. But why do you need a high-end system? What's wrong with the system you've got, unless its sound is less than stellar to your ears (and I can't imagine that if you're listening to KLF-30s)? I'd say keep what you have, and start concentrating and enjoying your other hobbies too.

Just a thought...2.gif

One thing that I've discovered in this audio hobby is to purchase what sounds good to you at a price that you are willing to afford. What's in today is out tomorrow, I do not have the time to chase around new products on a monthly basis. I've upgraded several times and I'm sure that I will again in the future, but every upgade has been very minimal in costs. Why, I've always purchased decent equipment and I was able to sell it for about the purchase price.

Easyeyes