Heresy II question

Kevmosmith

I have a pair of 86 Heresy II's and am thinking of replacing the capacitor(s) in the crossover.

The back panel does not appear removable. Do you remove the woofer to get to the crossover, or am I missing something?

Also, does anyone know the uf value of the capacitor or any other mod I should consider while I am in there?

Many thanks for your help.

Kevin

If youe HII's have the round type input cup then you will have to remove the woofer to access the crossover network. I do not recall seeing any screws on the round input cups.

The newer HII's that have the square/rectangular input cups are removable from the back.

Why only replace one cap? While you are in there why not upgrade them all! The difference that it will make will suprise you.

I removed all the speakers...glued and screwed cross-bracing to all inside panels...dampened the horns with plumber's putty. Increased the depth of sound stage adding clarity and definition. Next, I will add acoustic foam to inside panels(from parts express) and further isolate the horns from cabinet vibrations. Then when I upgrade caps, I'll hear more of the improvement.

Dean, will a larger gage(same value) inductor boost the bass?

I had about the same question about two weeks ago with my Heresy II's and I ended up buying some Sonicaps from Soniccraft.com, I havn't tried them yet, but I plan on putting them in on a rainy day, (I have been working outside with the days being so pretty). I'am sure the Kimber caps Dean recommended are great also, Dean is one of the crossover gurus around here, and from what I have read has built many of them. Sonicraft where I bought my caps also had a nice price on 1 lb. Cardas Q-E Solder for $38.2.gif