OT New used toy

easylistener

The last three years as many of you know I have been having a lot of surgry. I also was sent back to school. I have to say that my son has been lacking the attention from me the whole time. So I am going to make it up to him.

I just bought a used 14ft fishing boat. Two storage compartments were rotten out and it had no motor. Well I got it real cheap and spent three hours and used left over wood that I had and fixed all the wood. I then went to fleet farm and spent $3.00 on carpet that matched perfect. Sat. I am going to buy 25 hp mercury from a friend in the family.

I finish school in may and am going to take a month off. My son and I are going to the mississippi river and camp and fish the whole month. I can't wait and either can he. I went fishing all summer with one of my friends for the summer when I was younger and it was the most fun I have ever had.

I just thought I would share.

COOL!!!!!!!!!!

So are you going to stay in one spot or travel the river? I think it would be fun to do a spot every three or for days. I think I would plan to move after spending three nights. Or maybe not,,,,,,do you want to travel and camp or just fish? I want to go on a canoe trip and float for five to seven hours a day and try to rely on fishing to get our food (packing food just in case). What size tent are you pitching? You cooking with wood or sterno? This sounds fun, can I come along?

Oh, Oh, you can do it on a wooden float and it will be just like Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn!

What are you packing? I am looking for a recommended packing list for those wanting to travel light.

I want to get our kids hiking and camping so we can do the Grand Canyon some day.

Ok, we are starting at Marrik state park. We are going to camp there for a couple of days. Then we are hitting the sand bars. I figure we will get down past Ill. and that is probally it. We are going to camp. We have a 10x10 dome tent. We are packing a huge amount of potato's. We are going to relie on my great fishing abilites to eat. I will pack snacks for the kid though. A huge amount of beer. We will be cooking over wood. Don't have to pack that because it is all over the place on the river. I hope to see bear and wolfs. That would be cool. I need to find a new lens for my camera so I can put some pics on.

One of my fondest high school memories was a canoe trip in Canada with my best friend in school and his parents. They were in one canoe and we were in another. We did about a ten day trip across the border from Minnesota.

Sadly, the mother passed away about three weeks ago. I am going to have to miss her memorial service coming up this weekend.

It's pretty neat when you love love your friend's parents as much as your own.

Enjoy the time with your son, and take care.

Marvel

I look at all those fish advisories every year. What is funny is on the minosota side they have differnt numbers you can eat and what fish are ok. I have some friends coming up to visit, that is what the beer is for, and when the kid is asleep.

It is going to be hard to have no movies that whole time.