New Synergy Subs...

Amy

"FREQUENCY RESPONSE:

24Hz-120Hz +/- 3dB"

This is a place where many are confused. Don't get me wrong, these are excellent specs equal if not better than my SW-15 with a 15" drone. What I mean is so many other speaker marketers rate their products to the -10Db point. This makes them LOOK better on paper to potential consumers. Although Klipsch's spec's are better, perhaps a second line like 18Hz-150Hz -10Db would help the marketers. Or one line like: Frequenct response: 18Hz to 150HZ (24-120HZ +/-3Db)

If you've got it, flaunt it!

Rick

I played with the 12 last night. VERY clean and it hits like a ton of bricks. This is in the middle of Best Buy with a 1' thick slab and the cubic volume of a...big store!

I cannot imagine what this thing will be like in my chintzy house 9.gif

Customers and employees are drooling.

Stuff like the upgraded RCA inputs are a big plus. Good stuff. Very SVSish.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 4/23/2005 12:09:50 PM kenratboy wrote:

I played with the 12 last night. VERY clean and it hits like a ton of bricks. This is in the middle of Best Buy with a 1' thick slab and the cubic volume of a...big store!

I cannot imagine what this thing will be like in my chintzy house
9.gif"

Customers and employees are drooling.

Stuff like the upgraded RCA inputs are a big plus. Good stuff.
Very SVSish.

----------------

Ken,

Shame on you.....;)

I was able to BETA test these....Well worth the $$.

I used to own the PB12-ISD. I was not too impressed and returned it. I'm looking at this new Sub-12 to match my RSX's. One thing about the SVS is it did not seem to blend very well with the higher crossover. It was very apparent when it would kick in, then on top of that it had consistency issues with how hard it would hit. I'm very interested in seeing how this new sub would match with a higher crossover speaker like some RSX-5's. I would be inclined to get the RW-12, but it has a mixed reputation for its price point. It also doest come in silver so it would not match my silver rsx's. But if this sub earns a good reputation for its price point, I would jump on it in a heart beat. I really wanted a PC-Ultra but I feel it would be over powering for my system. I have to be realistic and say... ok thats for RF-7's when I get em :) Of course, by then, Klipsch may have new reference subwoofers!

Speaking of price, what is the projected MSRPs of these subs?

----------------

On 4/23/2005 9:06:08 PM Blackmesa wrote:

----------------

On 4/23/2005 1:09:27 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

I was able to BETA test these....Well worth the $$.

----------------

$$$$ ???????..........

tell us!

----------------

He works for Klipsch. He is saying that for the money, they are excellent products.

SUB 10 - $400

SUB 12 - $500

Same price as the old ones for a whole lot more sub.

Bet if they were not selling the subs at Best Buy (price sensitive shoppers by and large), they could be charging a lot more of the unit.

----------------

On 4/24/2005 12:06:56 AM Blackmesa wrote:

Awesome, are they out yet?

----------------

If Ken heard them... means they are in the store. 2.gif

I'm a little confused to how all these products will be marketed against each other?

Obviously subs like the THX and RSWs are at the top of the pecking order... but since the RW subs are more "synergy" than "reference" subs, will they be priced above or below these new units. How do they compare to each other(SUB10 vs RW10 and SUB12 vs RW12)?

I'm not in the market, but just that this question will be asked over and over...

Rob

this is interesting:

RW-8: 103dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-10: 109dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-10: 110dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-12: 113dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

Sub-10: 115dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

Sub-12: 117dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

RSW-12: 119dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-15: 121dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

I wonder if they sound any better than the older synergy subs. I had bought a KSW10, and listened to it for 2 days. Then I found a local dealer that sold me a RW10 for less than I paid for the KSW. I ended up taking the KSW back to BB, and kept the RW. It just sounded "cleaner" to me

----------------

On 4/24/2005 4:26:57 AM Blackmesa wrote:

this is interesting:

RW-8: 103dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-10: 109dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-10: 110dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RW-12: 113dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

Sub-12: 115dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

Sub-12: 117dB @30 Hz 1/8 space 1 meter

RSW-12: 119dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

RSW-15: 121dB @ 30Hz 1/8 space, 1 meter

----------------

This is all great,now has to be confirmed in tests by someone not from Klipsch.

I agree with the Ear. Actually, instead of using pure tones, id like to see some db numbers for movies. Theres a big difference between movie/music content and a single tone(not saying that sin wave db readings dont mean nothin though).

scp53