KHorns for sale in Illinois $2,000

Here's a classified ad from a newspaper in the Champaign, Illinois area. I think the ad started on 4/23/05. The price is a little higher than I normally see in newspaper ads, but the seller may be willing to negotiate or trade.....it couldn't hurt to ask

"Vintage Klipsch Korner Horns, $2,000. 217-253-3234"

Good luck, Rick.

By the way, I didn't speak to the seller. He may or may not be willing to negotiate.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 15 miles from that location.....been calling the Tolono Illinois number almost every day since the add hit...tried calling during the day, evening, weekdays, weekends, even Mothers Day....no answer...no answering machine...how strange.6.gif

"GLASS DISPLAY case, $200. Hammond M100 organ, $250. Vintage Klipsch Korner Horns, $2,000. 217-253-3234"

I spotted the ad in the Champaign-Urbana Thrifty Nickel, how did you come across it?

Anyone know if there are any good online searche engines for classified ads like this?

----------------

On 5/10/2005 9:33:10 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Check out the Hammond Organ for me, will ya? Seriously.

Michael
----------------

I was planning to do that too (as bargaining power to get the wife's approval of adding a pair of Klipschorn to the mix), however three or more attempts a day still nets only a ringing phone and no answer at the number in the ad!

If I had the address that matches the telephone number, I would mosey over and knock on their door.

UPDATE: Success....I finally got an answer and talked to the seller a few minutes ago.

The Klipschorn (and the organ for you Michael) are still available, vintage 1959/1960 with wooden horns and all original components.

Turns out that he is actually located in Tuscola Illinois.

I am going to pass on these so anyone interested feel free to call him.