Klipsch i heard..

----------------

On 4/29/2005 11:27:46 AM CECAA850 wrote:

It would be interesting to see a comparison of cabinet volume between say...Corns and the RF'7's. Taller and deeper vs shorter and wider?????

----------------

I'll let you guess which is which...

Three-of-a-kind.jpg

They are all about the same depth... with the RF7 being only 1/2" more. I agree... none are small...

Rob

PS: CECAA850... nice Avalanche18 icon

post-11489-13819264323814_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 4/29/2005 11:53:00 AM formica wrote:

PS: CECAA850... nice Avalanche18 icon

----------------

Actually, it's the 15 (pretending to be an 18). I couldn't find one of the 18 with the new 12 spoke basket. They haven't updated the pics on the website yet. The 15 looks the same as the 18 only smaller. P.S. the drawing in the middle looks like an SVS tube sub!

Couldn't tell you. They're all stacked up in my bedroom waiting to go up in the attric. A combination of "more work than I thought" and "not as much free time as I need" has kept me from listening to them. Watching a movie without a sub is only marginally better than not watching one at all. If I had to guess, I'm about a third of the way done with my IB. My amp is going in another room, so I had to run signal cable, speaker wire, and remote AC power to it's location. That part's done. I've got my insulation stripped in the attic, dimensions taken and have started on the framework for the 2, 2 driver arrays. Compound that with the fact that I'm really anal about my system and you get a slow go. Carl

Well, it's like Klipsch took it and pushed it in and made it get taller. I must admit that making it taller brings it to more ear level which helps music sound better bringing it higher up. It also saves some space in which the spot it stands. It also helps to manage the speaker better during moving it. The wider/shorter/larger speakers can be a pain to get through some funky doors, while the taller and slimmer are easy to get through funky doors.

Now, I would love to have a pair of Klipschorn's and if a guy has a pair, he darn well can keep them in my book! If a wife really loves her man, she wouldn't dare separate her man from his beloved Large Speaker!

Now we all know, bigger doesn't always mean better!

Klipschorn's are the kind of speaker that you need to have a home for them, put them in it's best spot and don't move them! You don't want to move that kind of speaker all around to different apartments or homes! I had a listen to the Klipschorns and it does put out a forceful sound at you, so can be a real over-kill for smaller places.

I have the RF-7 and love them, puts out a big live sound and looks sexy compared to some of the Heritage utility looks, say like the La Scalas, Belles, and to a lesser degree with the Klipschorn. Know to you guys, that more utility look may be more sexy!!!!

I'm very happy with the RF-7 sound, looks, and overall the quality is pretty good. That's not to say I wouldn't love a pair of the Klipschorn too! 2.gif