Instant vinyl collection

rplace

The fact that many of the LPs are promos is a nice bonus. You aren't going to send money in advance of pickup, if you win? Because the seller has ZERO feedback.

Weightwise, you're talking about a ton and a half.

Who would want those stupid shelves anyway? There's so little clearance above the records that they'd be tough to get out.

I would never buy a collection like that. Do you have any idea how much room that takes up?

Someone else asked me about that auction. As I said to him, you'd probably end up with 1,000 LPs you'd want and 5,000 you'd never be able to get rid of. Can you say Salvation Army?

Imagine having to clean all those LPs!6.gif

Then again I could be wrong.

Good point on the zero feedback. As tempting as it sounds I don't THINK I will be bidding. I have a loaner TT from GaryMD, while I sort out my vinyl needs/wants. Gary has also knows where I can get some good vinyl cheap a lot closer to home. I just have to figure out where to put my TT and figure out what I want to buy. You see, a TT was not on my radar when I built the room...but hearing is believing. Gary converted me. My rack is full and my room is finished. Logistics is the real issue for me and my fledgling LP collection.

I just spend the winter building my room and bought no less then 12 Klipsch speakers in the process. If I told my wife I was heading up to NYC on a Saturday to pick up 6K lps. I would find myself living in my khorn base bins and rightfully so. She has been a trooper through all of this. Still the thought of digging through them like a time capsule and playing the "remember when I first heard this" game would be fun for months and months to come. Hmmmmm, anyone want to go along for the ride? 11.gif

Really Gary? I totally get your point about having way too many to wade through, but I would think being from a radio station they would be in pretty darn good shape. Maybe I dont know what goes on at a radio station.

They may or may not be in great shape. Radio stations play one song at a time and lift the needle after a song, probably in a hurry. Even if they are in great shape, they'll still need cleaning. How long has it been since radio stations played LPs? LPs gather dust pretty quickly. I'd guess that if you took a look carefully at an LP like BOC's Agent's of Fortune, Don't Fear The Reaper would be pretty worn out compared to the rest of the LP. Isn't that how radio stations used to work?

If you want a huge collection, it may be a great deal. 2 or 3 years ago, I may have though about it myself but after a while, I realized that the mint Ian Hunter LP I picked up has never been played and along with 200 or 500 just like it, has never left my shelf. Seemed like a good idea at the time........

Now I'm ready to get rid of all the Aerosmiths and ZZ Tops and David Bowies and Joan Armatratings and George Bensons and Billy Joels and Jefferson Starships and Crosby & Nash and Stills & Young and Nash & Young and Crosby & Stills and Grateful Dead doubles and Zeppelin doubles and Jethro Tull doubles, etc., etc., etc. that I may never play. Many I cannot live without though. Those I'll keep.

But that's just me. Anyone else go through a similiar vinyl scenario in recent years?