Marantz HT receiver opinions needed

Audio Flynn

I've had a Marantz SR 7300 in heavy daily service for almost two years now, and it's a winner. It has a rich, slightly warm tone (for SS) that goes quite well with our Klipschorns

in 2 channel "source direct" mode for music, and HT performance is outstanding as well. I bought mine as a refurb from accessories4less.com for a great price, and out of the box the unit was spotless and couldn't be distinguished from new. And it's performed flawlessly for 23 months now. The 7300, 8300 and 9300 are still available, I believe, as refurbs from A4L as well as the 7400, 7500, and 8400. One thing you may want to consider is that the x300's are made in Japan while the 7400/7500/8400 are made in China.

(Not affiliated with A4L, they're local for me here in Orlando, and they are really nice folks.)

Sorry to hear of your friend's loss, and best of luck with your receiver search.

wjw (Will)

Using the SR18EX myself, a true beast, the Reference line is sweet. Check out the newer SR7500 or SR8400, nice price and sweet units. I like the new SR7500, especially the cost, nice unit and competitive IMO...10.gif

The Marantz Reference SR18 and SR19 are great pieces, if you can get an 18EX or 19EX your laughing, the 19EX was killer for the price and not having ProLogic2 is the ONLY downfall...10.gif

Khorns, Hersey II's, KLF-C7, Velodyne FSR-18 subwwoofer, and running the Marantz SR18EX stand alone, and have 3 Marantz MA700 monoblocks(f^c)boxed like my LaSala's....10.gif

If you got the cash I'd chance it on that Receiver and the $ value, without a doubt. The SR8400 is a nice Receiver(don't like the 3200 remote, same as the 3000 and no changes except the number). In all honesty I won a Panasonic phone from Ebay 3 weeks ago and NO problems. I paid $24.50 for a phone that retails here(Canada)for $192.68(7% tax in, missing the wall mount bracket only...wahoooo...at Radio Shack). The net does have wonders for some of us, good deals are there, you just have to look. That price for an SR8400 is awesome IMO...2.gif