Bookshelf vs. Floorstanding

wojman

I did not mean that Bookshelves were better for HT, Imeant they are designed for HT because the do not have base and need a sub for sure. Many guys here use Floorstanding in there HT and that is great too. Do you have any othere speakers or is it just the KSB 3.1's alone?

$200.00 for a pair of F'2s is not a bad price I think.

But if you get serious about HT or sound you will outgrow the F-2's fast, this stuff is more addictive than drugs :)

Jeff,

If it was me I would not buy the F-2's or F-3's. I would wait until I could get up into the reference series. If you never want go that far up then just leave your system as it is. Thats a good little system and I do not think the F-2's or 3's would help it that much.

Just my worthless opinion :D

The RF-3's are Reference speakers and I believe retailed for around $800-$850 a pair new. If you can get the pair for $300 and they are in good shape that seems like a good price. If you can find a RC-3 Center channel I think you will be pleased--If you can't I think you may find your center channel lacking--You may not.

The KSB 3.1's are good speakers also. I think they would sound great as side surrounds with the RF-3's even though they are Synergy series. My first home theater setup was with the KSB 3.1's as mains which my brother has now. I still am impressed with their sound.

1.gif

----------------

On 4/29/2005 2:13:58 PM wojman wrote:

So would you buy the Reference RF-3's for $300 and slowly upgrade? Not oppossed to upgrading.

Thanks

----------------

Yes I would! I am using mine as side surrounds now with my RF-7's and am tremendously happy. They used to be my mains 2.gif

If you can get RF3 for $300 for the pair thats not to bad if they are in good shape. I like the idea that someone else mentioned about moving the ksb's to the rear. If you get these you will next want a new center then a new sub then now surrounds, then cycle repeats its felf, but it sure is fun :)