Ooooooooooold pic of Van Halen. Must have been before they got big.

m00n

Excellent picture mOOn. I was just listening to some older VH and was in awe of Eddies rythm playing. Just amazing. I think I seen that same picture in an old guitar world except they cut it out only Eddies part of the picture, and explained his gear, what he used ext.

Great pix Moon, and I loved reading the description of the old console used on their recordings. Fascinating!

Can you really believe that junk was rattling around while the recording session was underway? Looks like maybe the 'wrap-up' photo of the session cause most of the mics are gone! Notice stuff like Dave's bandaged foot, Eddies totally beat marshalls with vinyl stripped off, fire extinguisher on Alex's kick drum! What a hoot! THose were great heady days of Rock!

Michael

There's a cool Guitar Legends mag out now that features all the guitarists Ozzy has worked with. I really bought it for all the Randy Rhoads stuff in it. I ran across a picture of a ticket stub that proved that Eddie and Randy shared the stage at least once. I think everyone knows that they were the kings of LA in the mid to late 70s buteven I never knew they actually played a gig together. I've never heard that mentioned.

what self-respecting recording engineer would work in such a room? I mean no isolation booth for ROth, no gobos at all around the drum kit, sound bleeding everywhere. I understand getting a 'live' sound out of the guys , but really?!?!?!

I suggest that this shot was staged just for publicity.

Michael