Maple RB-75s ??!

ottscay

So...the Klipsch website says the RB-75 is avaiable in "A contemporary selection of black, cherry or maple real wood veneers..." but I can't seem to find anyone who carries the RB-75 in maple. I really wanted to get an rf-7 setup in maple, using rb-75s as surounds (7.1). Am I just shoping at the wrong stores? I would hate to not be able to get matching speakers. Is it possible to get the bookshelfs in maple? Please?

Scott

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=660&dmore=True&rmore=False

The maple is absolutely beautiful. I have a set of RB3II and have seen RF7's in Maple- stunning! THere is no stain at all, just poly coat, so it's a very pure, nearly white hard-rock maple look. Keep after your dealer!

Michael

So, have any of you guys have actually seen maple RB-75s then? Like actual product in front of you? Like Colter, I personally really love the look of the RF-7s in maple, but I'm afraid to pull the trigger and buy them if I can't get matching bookshelf speakers...I don't want to use black ones, and the cherry would look funny if I have maple mains and center. I wonder if a moderator could comment?

Thanks, just looking for a first-person witness to give me some peace of mind...

Scott

It sounds like you may be asking the wrong question to the dealers you've contacted. Are you asking them if the carry the maple version, or if THEY CAN GET the maple version? I'm guessing that the dealers don't stock it and are simply answering your question. I would urge you to contact your local Klipsch dealer and ask them if they can order them for you in that finish.

Good luck!

David

On a similar note, I have the RF 7's and RC 7 in the Cherry finish which I believe is beautiful. I went with the RW 12 in what Klipsch calls a Cherry finish but as most of you probably know, the color is several shades off. I am ok with the color variation but my "*understanding", "*I love quality sound" "*patient" wife has an issue with the disparity. Has anyone else had this issue or is this variation due to the fact the RW series is not a true Reference product?

See * below

*Yes, I am one lucky S.O.B.

Ok, it's official. I was emailed by a representative who confirmed that Klipsch has discontinued the sale of maple veneer Reference speakers altogether. Which makes me very sad, as I don't much like cherry. I guess I'll be stuck with boring old black ash. Just thought some of you might want to know. To their credit, Klipsch has taken all references to maple off their website (as of today), so others won't get their hopes up the way I have.

Scott

Hmmm-guess they didn't sell too many of them. You could always go with a more reputable online dealer if you would really like that finish, but be forwarned that those products are not warranteed by Klipsch. I personally wouldn't go that route, but there certainly is that option.

You could also keep your eye on ebay and audiogon for a used pair...

David

Indeed, apparently they didn't sell too many. I just checked audiogon, and there is indeed a set of maple RF-7s for sale...but without an RC-7 and RB-75s I still wouldn't have a matching system...

I don't want to buy used anyway. It's not just the waranty (although that brings piece of mind), but I want Klipsch to profit from the purchase. I'm just a bit heart-broken at the moment. Kudo's to the support team; I emailed Klipsch about it earlier today, and I had an answer within 4 hours.

Now I have to figure out which finish is my second choice.

Scott

----------------

On 5/4/2005 2:51:23 AM ottscay wrote:

Indeed, apparently they didn't sell too many. I just checked audiogon, and there is indeed a set of maple RF-7s for sale...but without an RC-7 and RB-75s I still wouldn't have a matching system...

I don't want to buy used anyway. It's not just the waranty (although that brings piece of mind), but I want Klipsch to profit from the purchase. I'm just a bit heart-broken at the moment. Kudo's to the support team; I emailed Klipsch about it earlier today, and I had an answer within 4 hours.

Now I have to figure out which finish is my second choice.

Scott
----------------

ottscay,

Seems like there would be a dealer somewhere (or a combination of dealers with the various pieces) with the finish you're looking for. I'm going to PM you with the name and telephone number for someone at Klipsch main office. Maybe he can help you track these down. Let me know how it works out!

David

P.S. You may also want to pm the mods on the forum to see if they can help...

I love my maple 7's. 1.gif I just can't believe they discontinued them, but I guess they just weren't selling enough. I know when I bought my RF-7's the first two pair were damaged and I had to wait each time for the dealer to find new one's. I remember them telling me had I bought black they could have had them by the next day since it was the most popular finish.

• 4 months later...