X over question from techno-nubee

Dean, Thanks for the comeback. By far the most costly things were the caps. The chokes can go into my H2s if it would be an upgrade, so no problem with "extra parts" I have not done anything more to the xovers than take pictures and unmount the components from the board, nothing has been scrapped. I could not find a value on the big copper foil air cores and to be safe, ordered new iron. As I said, I have more speakers I can put those on if you think that is best. You said the .11mh coil goes in series with the squawker, which side, + or - or does it matter? If you think only caps need changing, so be it. I am a total NUUB with this stuff. I know enough to read a schematic but have no idea why things are the way they are.

So I should basically follow the schematic I have but use the new caps and the old coils? The input was split to allow bi wiring, which I don't believe in anyway and when I replace the ported backs I will be going to a single set of binding posts, over the screw terminals that have been installed. Is this about right?

That Alpha Core inductor is undoubtedly the right value for the LF section. The .11mH/3uF section runs from tap 2 to negative for the squawker. Remember, in the old Heresy, the polarity for the squawker and tweeter are reversed. Another nice upgrade while you're at this is to replace the T2A's with new autoformers from UT (either the 3619 or 3636). Either of those can be purchased from Bob Crites (BEC). The new units afford some addtional HF extension.

----------------

On 5/4/2005 8:18:16 AM Cal Blacksmith wrote:

Dean,

A google on BEC gives me 1.6 million returns, a little help for the address please??

----------------

I must be in there somewhere.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net