just ordered...the RF-7 system

--udson

Polk and Klipsch are very different sounds. Listen and decide for yourself. Klipsch Reference are more durable, have higher sensitivity and have much better dynamics.

Both Klipsch Reference and Polk LSi series benefit from separate amplification.

Bill

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwire, remember that it was the best in this price range...for him. You've really got to get out to listen to them.

I heard all the polk lines. And not even their best matched the RF-7 line. Maybe it was the room, I donno. But I couldn't spend my money on anything but the RF-7s.

This was my opinion. I'm sure you'll have your own, so try to get out to audition as it's so subjective...

BTW I never posted in this thread about getting the system set up. It's been about a week things have been up and running, and I could not be more thrilled with the system. I'm waiting only for the sub. Amazingly the mains still kick out plenty of bass to make movies enjoyable.

----------------

On 5/3/2005 10:56:50 PM ]

Well, I took the plunge on the RF-7 line. It gets here next Wednesday. I don't think I've been this excited since I bought my first motorcycle.

I auditioned this line a month ago. I'll be 80% HT and 10% each for video games and music. It was the first system I heard on this my first experience buying serious speakers. I then went to a few other stores and heard several lines of Polk, Infinity, Paradigm, and B&W. I gotta say nothing impressed me as much as the RF-7s. I went back fearing it was just a big first impression...but I was awed again at the presence, clarity and power of the system.

To tell you the truth, I planned and almost went for the RF-35 line, but I couldn't escape the nagging feeling I would pine for the RF-7s. Why not invest a bit more and be happy for so many years? I don't have buyer's remorse yet, and hope I never do...

It was great reading all your comments and criticisms. They really helped my decision. The one area I went against general consensus was the receiver. I bought the Yamaha rx-v2500 which was running the speakers when I auditioned. I came close to denon and pio elite, but I felt I got the best reciever for me. I read everywhere how good Yamaha's stuff is. Hopefully in my less HT-prepped room things don't brighten too much for me. And the RSW-15, while I've heard complaints of it's sub 30hz performace, I can't see it exactly being "average" as some have written on forums.

I look forward to digging deeper into the forums for your thoughts on setup, tricks and tweaks.

Thanks to all!

>

Argh this is taking too long! Did anyone else start having speaker dreams? ;)

----------------

[/blockquote>

I just went through the exact same thing. I ordered my system two weeks ago and picked it up yesterday. It was the longest two weeks I can remember. Sitting here glued to the forum helped and also made it worse at the same time.

I've got to tell you, I'm a very happy man right now. I got everthing hooked up around 10 PM last night and watched the "Team America" DVD in THX. Holy S..T!! is all I can say! This morning I put in "Stevie Ray Vaughn, Live from Austin, Texas" DVD (BTW-Great Live Audio) in 7 channel stereo, to really give the system a workout. My street will never be the same.

I did have a problem with set up that I'm still trying to work out. I ran my video feeds from the Cable Box and DVD to the 2500 and then used the monitor out to the TV. I got a verry poor video signal. The 2500 has built in up- conversion, so I think it may have something to do with that. It will take me a few days to experiment. (I ended up bypassing the video to the 2500 and just going straight to the TV.)

Hang in there Wednesday is just a few days away. After my wife listened to SRV this morning, she quit be mad at me. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would check in here. The system is all together.

I couldn't be happier. Truly amazing. I wouldn't take any other system I heard in demos. This is just the hands-down best for me. Long live my Rx7 system --- and that yamaha v2500! =)

Congrats to all you other Rx7 series owners. I'm glad I could join the party...

----------------

On 6/6/2005 10:51:33 PM )(udson wrote:

Just thought I would check in here. The system is all together.

I couldn't be happier. Truly amazing. I wouldn't take any other system I heard in demos. This is just the hands-down best for me. Long live my Rx7 system --- and that yamaha v2500! =)

Congrats to all you other Rx7 series owners. I'm glad I could join the party...

----------------

I've had my setup for 3 years now, and I am still in awe of just what it is capable of doing. Friggan awesome setup! No doubt - welcome to the Klub! I hope you enjoy yours anywhere close to as much as I enjoy mine. 9.gif

We are all early adopters??? I have owned RF-7s for three years and am very happy as well.

The only fly in the ointment is the impedance of the R-7 series. A good amp really makes the 7s sing their best. I also agree that DeanG crossovers are an excellent addition to the 7s.

Bill