FS. McIntosh MC240, $1000

It's not exaclty amp selling season but I do need to thin out some of the accumulated "stuff". I got this amp in a combo deal with a C11 preamp from another forum member(Gary) a few months ago. I wanted the C11 but really don't need a third MC240.

This one sounds great. It sounded as good as the one I hade rebuilt at Audioclassics. Other than the tubes, it is completely stock. I did scarf some of the original tubes for my other amp. This one will come with 4 Westinghouse 6L6GC power tubes Made in England. The three 12AX7's are Sylvania, and the others are a mix of old stock. All the tubes test very strong. The power chord has splice in it. Looks like someone wanted a longer cord.

It's quite a bit cleaner than when I got it. I carefully shined it as much as possible being careful to preserve what lettering was left on it. I would say lettering is about 50%. No rust or dents of any kind. It even has the origninal tube cage. It makes a great appearance but it is NOT mint by any means. I've got a few more pictures if interested.

I'm only going to offer it here on the forum as there seems to be a lot of Mac fans. I think a grand is pretty fair. Figure a grand plus exact shipping from zip 44707. If nobody wants it, I'll mummy wrap it and offer it again in the fall.

MC240Cage.jpg

mc240front.jpg

mc240tubes.jpg

----------------

On 5/4/2005 8:11:30 PM garymd wrote:

BTW - It's the best sounding 240 I've ever heard and I've heard more than a few.

Nice clean-up job Scott.
----------------

Thanks Gary. I had fun cleaning it, therapeutic for me. Love the C11 too!