20x22 room w/ khorns where to sit?

The khorns are in nice corners. The corners are 20 ft apart and the fit nicely. Are the horns supposed to be shooting at my listening postion? If so I would only be about 10 ft away? That can't be right? Im getting the kids off to school and will have all day alone to try different postions. Any suggestions? With my Cornwalls I had them about 15 ft apart and sat around the same distance away with the speakers just slightly toed-in and had perfect imaging. These Khorns are new to me.

Very cool that you have such a large space. Start with a chair equidistant (sp?) from the two speakers about 9 feet back... then slowly move the chair back.

When you get to the 'spot'... you'll certainly know it. You may never move from there, so be careful. 3.gif

Woo

Here's my 2 cents.

I have a similar situation where the diagonal from the corners is not right for the listening position. But remember that the Khorn like all speakers has a wider dispersion than straight ahead. I have found that I never like speakers firing straight at me anyway.

A good spot is 1/3 up from the back wall (as in 2/3 back from the front wall where the speakers are). In my room this does not work out for permanent chair placement so I MOVE my chair back when I want to do some serious listening.

You can rotate one or both of the Khorns in their corners as much (or little) as one inch and achieve remarkable imaging. That works.

I believe the WORST place to sit is in the middle of the room.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the suggestions keep em comin. I should mention dont worry about chair placement or the WAF because this room is my personal space I share it with nothing else. When we built or house I made sure everyone had plenty of room so I could have mine.