"Wall of Sound"? no thanks Phil

As I grow a bit in this obsessive compulsive quest some of my favorite LPs (or CDs) just do not make it as fine listening experiences.

Recent acquisition disappointment is a VG++ version of "Quadrophenia"; soundstage just ends up to be chaotic and fatiguing even on LP.

Other similarly produced LPs are "Frajile", "All things Must Pass" and "Concert for Bangladesh".

"Goodby Yellow Brick Road" even has some of thse over the top attributes.

Although they may not be Phil Spector produced; his influence was heavy in the mid 70s.

Minimalist recordings like The Band "Music from Big Pink" and CSN debut are much more gratifying listening experiences even on CD.

Any titles you wish sounded better that really are great collections of songs?

I've always liked the unique sound of "All Things Must Pass," co-produced by Spector-Harrison. It's Spector's early hits that are problematic. They were made to sound big on little radios and cheap car speakers, but don't translate well to high quality systems.

The first time I heard "Instant Karma! (We All Shine On)" was over a car radio in my brother's Triumph. The reception of the station was poor and we had it turned up loud besides, to try to make out Lennon's lyrics, so the distortion was immense. And you know what? I've never enjoyed the song more than that first time, over the crappiest conditions imaginable. *That* is when Spector's work is at its best.

A check of Terry Britton, most known for Tina Turner's "Private Dancer" is worhthwhile.

A quality engineer - both in the Recording Stage and the final mix. Plays a number of instruments and has a very nice classical background as well. A person well worth knowing.

Hey Dean;

Not sending you the networks is not intentional. I was going to give them to you at the Audio Karma fest.

Craig said you could not make it.

Been a busy year.

And I hate to be Chorusless for too long...

I will PM you...

Van Morrison, "Moondance"

The Who, "Who's Next"

Little Feat, "Sailin' Shoes" and "Dixie Chicken"

Most Led Zeppelin albums

Most Moody Blues albums

I'm referring to vinyl only. Most have been improved significantly with the CD release.