Any Spin Doctor fans out there?

D-Rex

I was listening to 'Little Miss Can't Be Wrong' on my way home from work this evening and I couldn't help but think this band got swept away by the darker grundge music of Nirvana. Am I mistaken here or am I over analyzing it a bit? Maybe there next CD just stunk so they broke up...

I can only say that their Pocket Full of Kryptonite CD is one of my favorites of all time. If I were making a list of 10 CDs I would have to take with me on a trip in outerspace the list might look like this (not necessarily in any order):

Pocket Full of Kryptonite - Spin Doctors

Nevermind - Nirvana

Songs You Know By Heart - Jimmy Buffett

The Wall - Pink Floyd

Garth Brooks - Garth Brooks

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

Joshua Tree - U2

Hotel California - Eagles

???? - ????

???? - ????

Help me fill out my final 2... what am I leaving out and what must I remove? I tried to stay away from greatest hits since those songs spanned over several albums.

D

I can't help you round out your list of 10 CDs. With iPods and all, there is no reason to bring just 10 CDs.

I think the Spin Doctors are/were a great band. I just saw them on HDNet not too long ago. They (HDNet) just played one song (Two Princes) in between their regular programs. I don't know how recent it was. They were fairly big about 15 years ago when I was living the ski bum life out in Colorado. I never saw them live, mainly because I wasn't legal drinking age and had just gotten my fake ID confiscated. I remember they played at Meach's Mogul in Breckenridge, but I couldn't get in.7.gif

I still play their Pocket Full of Kryptonite album from time to time. Don't know if they had any other albums?

I have that Spin Doctors CD and have not listened to it in years. Your post has inspired me to do so. I "sampled" several such bands in the early and mid 90s, only to lose general interest in music, until about 3 years ago, when a DD5.1 receiver, Forte-Quartet HT, and this forum revived my interest immensely.

As far as your top ten list, given your other choices and my inferences about what you like (not too different than my favorites), what about Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms"?

"I want my MTV..."

I know you could take every song you ever owned with some of those digital players but the point was to try and make you think what would be the top 10 you wouldn't want to be without. Of course, after a few months/years in space you would probably have much different selections... ;-)

Brother in Arms is an excellent selection! How could I get by without my "That's not working..." song?!?

So, What time is it?

----------------

On 5/10/2005 2:52:50 PM Fish wrote:

4:20,Always liked the Spin Docs,they do a great job on the Hendrix tribute too.

----------------

Pull that old CD back out of the closet, fish,... it's 4:30... 10.gif