Is it about time for another tripath topic?

raypenn

"How do you bi-amp with a set of ALK's (Type A's or ESN's)?  I think that I can scrape up another hundred bucks."

You don't.

When you bi-amp for real you use line level crossovers and get rid of the speaker level crossovers.

Shawn

From what I heard, bi-amping with speaker's like klipsch is so you can mix and match two amp's sound signatures. Like say you LOVE a certian solid state device for it's bass but the high's are "grainy" and "irritating". Then just hook up a tube amp or a tripath to the high crossover.

In the heritage line, yep, no biamping, but the RF7's and any reference line speaker does it. If you dont have the set of two binding posts you can still vertical bi-amp.

As far as the 3-channel Teac AL700-P is concerned...

...I stocked up the first time around , w/ 4 units,

just-incase they did discontinue.

I want these baby's in my life for a long time !!!

They are just amazing,

...no matter the price.

----------------

On 5/14/2005 6:53:55 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

I also thought it was discontinued. Where can you find it for $100?

----------------

Go to www.needledoctor.com

Their price is $99.99 plus $10.00 UPS shipping.

Others may have them also, but I know Needledoctor just received a large shipment.

could i use this amp to power some forte's using my laptop? i have 20k songs and am goig to be building my own "camper" over the next two yrs. thought i saw one of these with an ipod type thing using reg speakers. if it would work out somehow i should get one now if thered is any doubt they will be around when i am ready...

For a laptop? Get the sonic impact T-amp, that way you can power it off batteries and w/ high efficiency speakers they should play for quite a while. :)

I hope you know how bad a laptop is as a source. You literally have to invest $150 into a computer soundcard to turn it into a decent source. Or buy a USB DAC. Comparing a great DAC to a crappy one in a portable cdplayer is a bigger difference than any amp or preamp can make. I say that rather boldly, but i've heard the difference myself, i've read other's talk about how huge it is. So please, 192 VBR mp3's bare minimum, get a decent USB soundcard from like one of the portable m-audio's then you'll be rolling out some clean tunes ;)

-Joe