Using my 5.2 and 3.2 circa 1993 speakers

Jody

I want to put together two surround sound systems using my 5.2 and 3.2 speakers. (Ya know- start the movie in the family room and finish in bed)Should I use them as front channel speakers and buy different ones for the rear channels or use them all in the same system? The four of them together would be rather large, though. I listened to the Mythos speakers the other day and liked them. My main thing is to have top notch sound for music, though. I was thinking I could add additional speakers to the Klipsh just to round out the stereo sound. Help, I am a girl who knows little about this stuff.

I would use them together since they are from the same era and the timbre matching will be great. Just add a Klipsch KG 2.2V or KG 2.5V for your center channel and add a subwoofer and you are in business! If you think the 5.2's and 3.2's are big your should see a Klipschorn or La Scala!

You could purchase a pair of newer Klipsch speakers for the bedroom and when you decide to add on, the matching speakers will be available new.

Welcome to the forum by the way. 9.gif

Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about I had a double-breasted amazon parrot. He would scream if he saw you with food and did not give him some, and it did not matter what it was! Even ice cream.

I used to put the cage cover on before bringing food in the room thinking that I had that problem beat, but he found a small hole to peer through and would start squawking!

What was really fun was to put him on the screened porch in the summer and he would yell and scream all day, the neighbors thought we were always fighting but it was only the bird. Boy did he make a mess with seeds and litter though - Yikes!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Forum. Until very recently I had a similiar, but not quite the same setup and liked it. Here's what I was using:

KG 5.2's as the main, and KG 1.5's (bookshelf speakers) as the rears mounted high with brakets, and a KV 1 doing center channel duty. Sounded great and you really don't need a sub with the 5.2's unless you want to.

I would suggest you do something similiar and then use the 3.2's as your mains in the bedroom which is probably a smaller space. The KV's and 1.5's come up all the time on ebay, not sure about pricing, but they will be timber matched with your mains and will sound much better than using another brand of speaker for your rears.