OT: Star Wars, ROTS

shane_0_mac

I went to the midnight showing. Very good movie, my favorite of this trilogy.

I can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can put it on my new speakers. One of the best scenes I have found to listen to my speakers is the pod race scene from Episode 1

I'm with you Shane- at work on very little sleep after seeing it at midnight...the movie did raise some questions that aren't fully answered but overall I thought it was fantastic...

and I too thought the whole time how I couldn't wait to watch it at home!

• Moderators

I think the first two movies probably got a bad rap simply because they were merely "set up" stories for the rest of the series. I think Lucas said episode III actually contained 60% of the story he really wanted to tell in all three movies. The first two suffered from "filler."

I'd like to go back and watch all of them now to see the "arc" of the story...perhaps they will fare better now, despite the wooden acting?

Went at midnight ... thought it was ... AMAZING!

Don't know what you guys are takling about with questions unanswered. I watched Episode 1 and II and clone wars prior to walking out the door for this one. Totally blew me away. I actually loved Episode II twice as much as last time I saw it on this viewing through, not sure why, lots of subtleties picked up. Anyway, if you guys got questions, let me hear em.

I want to see the DLP (digital version) but the only place I know of in San Francisco is the crappy Sony Metreon. Sony decided one day to make a movie theater slash technology center whatever piece of crap building to sell their junk, and they are about as bad as their in-a-box systems. ****ing sony, I swear they really need to stop while they are ahead.

Saw the midnight showing... just plain AWESOME! Seeing the movie made me re-install my old game, Jedi Knight 3: Academy that I beat over a year ago and play it again. Movie was just plain good. I dont care what anyone says about the acting.. dont expect Oscar-caliber acting - expect a frenzied Star Wars universe instead!!