I'm Irritable - I sold my Klipschorns...

edwinr

----------------

On 5/22/2005 6:45:56 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Take your pick, until you can get your "new" Klipschorns.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/athensCESa1.jpg">

----------------

what are all those switches on the wall for?

I've contacted the local Klipsch distributor for my state. Very helpful fellow who is absolutely over the moon at the prospect of selling me some new Klipschorns at the end of the year. He's getting some prices for me so I can more carefully consider whether to go for the RB75's or the Heresys.

Apparently the Heresys are available in the black lacquer and the mahoagny lacquer.

Does anyone have a pic they could post of a mahogany lacquer Heresy?

Dude, you sold'em, you gonna have to deal with it. Don't cry now, if ya didn't

wanna do it, you wouldn't have.

Now, go get ya self a pair of RF-7, awewsome man, AWESOME! They kick *ss.

Hey, he can't be no SMUCK if you bought them from you! GEE, what a SMUCK.

Betta look at those empy corners and sing "Baby did a bad-bad thing!"

Dude, Klipshorn's are hard to come by in Australia!!!!

New Klipschorn gonna cost you big time $$$$$, especially in Aussy.

Dude, the mahogany is the only way to go, GET MAHOGANY, beautiful man, beautiful.

FARM! Very hard work, better make sure you don't get over your head!

Work, work, work, and more endless work! Been there, done that.

Yamaha with a Klipshorn, man that's enought to send you into bright maddness

with stinging ear fatigue. Tell me it ain't so, the guy donts know what he

a doin.

I'm not sorry you lost your Klipschorn's man, not frikkin at all, man you did

it to yourself so you ain't gonna get no sympahty from me Dude.

Too Late to cry now dude, time to move'on.

======================================================

timbley, Cambridge Soundworks radio sound much better than the Bose! Puts Bose to shame.

Haven't you read all the fabs in the mags? The cambridge looks better, has much more

features, and they rated it better than Bose at $200 less the cost of that over priced

hog wash Bose Wave high profit air box.

======================================================

bsafirebird1969 Dude, I don't have Forte II's and I'm very extremely happy with

my awesome *ss RF-7's man.

----------------

On 5/22/2005 6:53:48 PM tofu wrote:

what are all those switches on the wall for?

----------------

Beats me...maxg took this pic from a hotel room where the Klipsch Reference Series was displayed during the Athens (Greece) CES 2005 convention.

Why not try something completely different, or at least a bit different... I think the Reference suggestions make sense for you. How about checking out what some monitor-type speakers will do for you on decent stands? I've been really curious about what an 8" woofer/ planar or ribbon tweet would bring to the table. Not curious enough to spend the money, but still...

All of this really begs the question, why not just store the Khorns for seven months?

Hey, Ben. Well I thought about storing the Khorns. Storage space is an issue at the moment. We're already packing in anticipation of the big move. And I want a new pair. It's my reward for years of slogging it out on the streets in my choosen career.

The Reference series is something else. I've since compared the Paradigm Studio 20 Series 3 and the RB75's. Nice though the Paradigms are, they just don't cut it when big dynamic swings are called for. Also I found the Studio 20's a little reticent in the midrange. The RB75's are beautifully balanced. They don't look half bad either.

I admit I'm swinging towards the Heresy. Not because it sounds 'better' than the RB75's, but because the Heresy offers a little of the Klipschorn magic that I already miss like crazy. 8.gif

----------------

On 5/22/2005 11:36:19 PM KlipsDude wrote:

Dude, the mahogany is the only way to go, GET MAHOGANY, beautiful man, beautiful.

----------------

Hi, KlipsDude. You certainly have a unique take on life. 2.gif

Thanks for that suggestion about mahogany. Some mahogany finishes I've seen are too red and striated for my taste. There are some mahogany finishes, though, that look sensational.

Greetings,

I recommend kg4's.

Since you're used to the K-Horn, you'll likely not be happy with smaller speakers that have an overly truncated bass response; the kg4 goes down to within 6Hz of the K-Horn.

Further, since you'll be using them only as a temporary solution, you can save some money on these over the classic Klipsch speakers -- the kg4 can typically be found on ebay for about $300, and you can sell them for what you paid for them when you go back to the K-Horn.

I've been using mine for about a year now and am still knocked out by how much bang for the buck they give me. While they won't be the last speakers I ever purchase, they'll continue to make me very happy until I have the time/space/$$$ to upgrade ... to another Klipsch system.

Take care,

Scott

I will get slammed... but a Heresy in a way is 2/3rd's a K horn. (I know I know...relax techies!!!) When I was 16 I bought my first Klipsch - Heresey speakers and dreamed of buying new a beautiful set of Klipschorns after college. After graduation from college and saving for a while.. (before Ebay) And I still probably would of bought them new anyhow... It was one of the most proudest moments in my audio life when they were delivered! I set a goal, worked hard to achieve it, and rewareded myself. Nothing like those HUGE boxes being delivered to your door!!

With the Heresey's, the idea is you get that "Classic Horn" Klipsch sound and can also use them later somewhere else in your house, or as surrounds if you care to as well.

If your ever hooked on the sound of a K Horn trying to duplicate it with REF, or just anything else just will not work. It is a different sound all together, a different feel, and at mid... to mid loud levels.. Loud levels like you said... NOTHING like K horns opened up some to make you smile! hehehehehe.

BTW, the new AK-4 networks really sounded terrific at the Klipsch weekend last year. Tighter bass, a little less and non boomy Mids (still huge and wonderful open soundstage though) and the highs seeemed to be more open and with greater range. (I know very subjective but a honest view from me and a LOT of people too!) Overall, the speaker just sounded more open and smoother up and down the spectrum like you said Dave Brubeck would be just slamming "Take Five" right before you too!

Save your money, they are not cheap, but by all means get the newer "real deal" and enjoy them for the rest of your life!