tweeter max wattage

DAX616

I have a triamped system now for my 73 k horns, I will have a crown d75 a running the tweeters, what is the max wattage for the tweeter and what is the convention for adjusting the gain? The amp is rated 45 watts per channel.

Thanks

The round magnet K-77 with the original diaphragm is rated at 2 watts continuous and 20 watts peak program material. The newer diaphragms in the rectangular magnet versions are 5 watts and 50 watts. If yours have the newer diaphragms (because they were once blown) you could go up to 5 watts.

OK....please explain, considering the 20 watt peak limit, how (on a Forte One mind) Julian Hirsch can say this:

"At 10,000 Hz the amplifier clipped while delivering 1,300 watts to the tweeters 10.5 ohm impedence! ....these inputs correspond to prodigious sound-pressure levels"

Why is he not killing it?

Mark

GAS Grandson smokes a Crown D60/75, so does a BGW100, SAE MKXXI, etc.

Driver power handling has two parts, excursion, and average power.

At very high frequencies a typical 1" coil tweeter will handle 1KW peaks as long as the long term average power is less than 10W or so.

Excursion kills the lead out wire, that's why the newer coils Bob sells are better (because of the flat BeCu lead out wire).