RB-5 as rear

kohill

I just bought a pair of KLF-20's as fronts( which are already for sale because I don't like the black) so I moved my RB-5's to rear duty. WOW The clarity is amazing compared to my old KM-2's. Now I'm spoiled These RB's are some of my favorite speakers.

I couldn't agree more. I was contemplating getting some surrounds so I could possbly use the RB5's in aither a 7.1 setup or another stand alone 2 channel system. Regardless, I have liked my RBs since the first moment I bought them!

The good thing about the rb5's is they can do surround and still get good 5/6 channel audio results.For mostly movies I'd get rs7's,for 50% music/concerts/sacd/dvda the rb's would be better,imo.

----------------

On 5/28/2005 10:24:17 AM Mavicator wrote:

How do the RBs compare to the RSs as surrounds? I'm considering using RS for the L&R surrounds and a RB for the rear center on my 6.1 setup.

----------------

This is what I have heard on this forum and it makes sense to me. So, take it as an opinion based upon sensible reasoning rather than experience.

I have not owned a set of RS speakers yet but it seems they would provide better surround sound simply because of the short distance I have between my speakers and the listening area. I am very impressed with the RB's as surrounds but I just don't think I have enough space behind my couch to make them as effective as they could be. So, if you have the space, the RBs will do great. If you don't have the space, then the RS's might be the better choice.

Let me add about using an RB as a center, even if it is a rear center, I think the RC speakers are much better for this purpose. When I first got my RB5's I experimented with one as my front center and it wasn't as good as my RC3II. So, unless you already have one ready for duty, I would stick with an RC if everything else is the same.

D