Wow this made winamp sounds much clearer!!

k27-R

this decoder is way better than winamp's nitrane one. i just installed this plugin (it replaces the winamp's mpeg input) for winamp, and now the music sounds much clearer (and more neutral to my ears). i don't even have to adjust the equalizer settings anymore. before, i had to use the fullbass&treble setting to make it sound good. if i use that same setting with this decoder, it makes the music sound tinny. everyone install this plugin now! after you install it, go to it's configuration and put it on 16bit (most sound cards, including live, don't support anything higher).

http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/mad-plugin/

oops! i meant sound in the title redface.gif my composition teacher would gonna kill me if she saw that, we just went over subject verb agreement today frown.gifbiggrin.gif

I don't know about that plugin. It does some good and bad. It added more hiss, and some other scratchy/staticy sounds, but it does make some of my stuff sound clearer. Honestly, if you were using the Full Bass and Trebble preset before, I have to question you're experience in dealing with quality, accurate sound.

There are lots of cool little faces out there. But on this board let's try to keep it nice.c>030.gif

------------------

Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System Support

hofmonstr@rocketmail.com

c>

I am NOT

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665c>

how'd he do that?

how do you get other smileys??

neways, if it sounds good to you, great.

but more neutral is an adjective that can or cannot be applied, objectively, to a certain sound.

and if what this plugin does is really boost the highs and lows like the eq setting you had before, then it's not making the sound more neutral. neutral is flat, with even freq response, not adding anything to the sound. the exact contrary of this.

i have tried the plugin and did not notice much difference, maybe it's not working?

I did notice a huge difference in the 2 wav files on the page though, and it didn't seem to me like things were all good on the second one...

that hissing, tinny sound...

actually it seems like there is more dynamic range without the plugin.

played pink noise and the start of Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise

the sound is more high pitched without the plugin.

now i don't know which one is the most accurate, but i think i'll stick with the winamp decoder.

besides, not much difference anyways...