RS-7 High mounting

Mavicator

Yes, they are supposed to be mounted high. Don't use a bracket to point toward the listening area. They are designed to be mounted flush against the wall. Not sure what you mean about bookshelves - mine are all straight and not angled. Mine are mounted about 6' high, on the sides of the listening area. I love the WSD effect, contrary to others who don't like it for SACD/DVD-A.

They are good speakers. Enjoy.

Awesome, thanks guys! You just made my decision for me. I was thinking of angling them slightly because they will be mounted at about 7'4" up and only 6'5" from the center of the couch (only about 3' from each side of the couch!). Not an ideal situation but it's what I have to deal with.

Hopefully they will perform well like this!

i just went through the mounting routine with my surround speakers and you'll notice in the manual they tell you how high to mount them. The manual for the RS-7 @ http://www.klipsch.com/media/Products/ManualRef.9_00.pdf tells you to mount it @ 5' 3/16" high from the floor (flush on the wall). For best performance i would suggest this.

For me i ended up mounting them 5' from the floor since I had obstructions in my wall for the wiring... but they sound perfect.

----------------

On 6/2/2005 10:56:48 AM Mavicator wrote:

Yikes! I wonder if you're better off with bookshelves for better control of where the sound goes? I dunno, I'm using flawed logic here.
14.gif

----------------

Hmm, I have some KSB 3.1's laying around that I can test 4.gif