Rankings: Klipsch Vs. Klipsch

wangdang

I think i finally have wifey talked into a new pair of Klipsch speakers. But the options baffle me, especially in light of the discontinued lines available. Are Heresy II better than Heresy I? How about Cornwalls vs. Forte? How do the new RF speakers stack up against Tangent and Chorus and all the other lesser known, but probably really good, discontinued lines? For that matter, are Belles better than K-Horns.

I know that value and original selling price have little to do with one another, especially in light of the craftsmanship of Klipsch, so I am asking for some help:

If Belles or K-Horns should be rated a "10" in terms of signal in/beautiful music out performance, which lines would you rate a "9", or an "8" and so on. Taking all the other acoustic variables as constant -- and yes, I know you can't really, but just to help me get to a better idea of what I should look for.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

DB

(Currently playing the RB series at enjoyably loud volumes.)

Read the KHorn vs RF7 thread for some points of view.

There's no way a Belle is the same catagory as the KHorn. It stands alone. I also have a pair of La Scala, and if you have a good sub I think they come close for half the price. But either the KHorn or Belle or La Scala need a lot of room. Think 18' aprt or more.

I've never heard the Cornwall but some people peg it just under the KHorn and better than the Belle or La Scala. It has the low end. Not sure it beats out a La Scale and sub duo...

The Heresy is nice, but I only have one of them so it's hard to tell how it really performs. It also needs a sub for best results.

What you should get depends a lot on the size of the room you have...

Hopes this helps a little.

You really have to look at the size of space the spaekers will take up in the room and if you want a sub. All the heritage line is very good. I like the Forte II for the fact that they are old and new school for Klipsch, real wood vs other materials. What kind of unit used to drive speakers means alot also. Is this going to be a 2 channel or Home Theater? Have fun and audition some different Heritage Klipsch and decide for your self what you like.

----------------

On 6/4/2005 2:28:35 PM wangdang wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Were you the psg who lived in Mather House?

----------------

Guess not...

So... What size room? For 2-channel only or 5.1/7.1 HT setup?

2 - channel

Room 12 x 18 with 9 ft ceiling.

If that includes two good corners, then KHorns on the 18' wall. I have KHorns 18' apart, using a fake wall on one side, and the room is only 11' deep. But it works like magic!

That's what I'd do...

I can't really rank the Chorus and Forte and all the others, but I'm sure others can...

Maybe its just me but when i auditioned the chorus II and forte II side by side back in 1990 i wanted the chorus II going home with me. Forte II was and is a great speaker but to my ears the chorus II is definitely the big brother.

And man did they get it right to my ears with the tractrix mid.

And for all the passive radiator nay sayers out there all i can say is get some better corners or get some better equipment or possibly clean those ears.2.gif

You will also find that the Heresy II will rock out pretty well. A sub still isn't mandatory with them (let them comments fly!), but some of that depends on your musical tastes and at what volume you listen at.

edwinr just got some to replace his KHorns and he is mighty pleased. KHorns are very fussy with placement.

Marvel

Guest Anonymous

I have a pair of Heresy II's and they are pretty natural sounding speakers. No Bass though. They are growing on me more and more as I listen to them.

Best,

George