400 horns without drivers on Ebay $150 BIN!!!

BS Button

You can thank the bidders for that. They passed up the chance to pick up a pair of K400 horns for less than they usually go for on Ebay in the hopes that maybe they'll be REALLY lucky.

Or of course, it is also possible that they had no clue what they were doing.

I've sometimes observed that the winning bidder will pay well above the original BIN price. That's when the Seller gets lucky.2.gif

Yes, I think that with the price of K-401's at $50 each, it's hard to imagine coveting the cast metal horns, unless one likes the vintage ambience. The K-400 horns would still need to be damped with Dynamat or something to keep them from ringing.

The nice thing with the K-401's material does not ring and does not need to be damped. I've read some posts about people who make claims about the sound of either horn, I've listened to both, and with the exception of hearing a difference in stock and damped K-400 horns, could tell no difference between a damped K-400 and stock K-401.

I've recently listened to Woodog's Khorns without any Dynamat or rope caulk...sounded great..no ringing that I could tell. Besides it was always my idea to get a set coated with the spray on truck bed liner...

Bob,

My daughters love slime and all sorts of gooey stuff. I've got the Dynamat metal part off of one horn and they are fighting over whose gonna get to take off the gooey black stuff that's left over. Gotta watch that surface metallic part of the Dynamat, it'll cut the crap out of ya. Problem solved...and I'm going to have these things sandblasted and refinished.

----------------

On 6/9/2005 8:09:21 PM BS Button wrote:

I've recently listened to Woodog's Khorns without any Dynamat or rope caulk...sounded great..no ringing that I could tell. Besides it was always my idea to get a set coated with the spray on truck bed liner...

----------------

Todd,

That is the reason that I owned that pair with the dynamat. Wanted to compare them to another pair without the dynamat. Couldn't hear or measure any difference.

Bob Crites