svs experts wanted

Foost

It depends on the receiver/amp you're using. If you had about the same power as the plate amp we use(couple hundred watts)...then you could expect a dB or so difference I suppose. This is something I have measured...but not extensively enough to say here's exactly what you'll see at 23hz,30hz,41hz..ect,ect. If you're using 100-150w into a CS...I don't think there'd be much difference between it and a PC.

TV

Foost (and others) - believe everything you have read about the SVS line. Before you consider spending $$$ on any sub, check out SVS!

My system: RF-3, RC-3, RS-3, SVS 20-39 w/S700 & Onkyo 787.

As a member of the Home Theater Forum, I have watched in amazement as SVS received rave review after rave review. This summer I finally got around to upgrading my system and decided to give them a try. I sent an email to SVS with questions and received a reply in less than 30 minutes! That coupled with the generous return policy led me to believe I should give SVS a try.

The sub arrived at my office in a very impressive shipping box. The box itself is heavy duty. What you find inside is even more impressive! The folks at SVS know what can happen to your order and have taken every precaution to protect your cargo.

After getting home, unpacking and calibrating, it was time for a demo. Two words best describe my experience - clean AND powerful. Best thing is that the SVS is not just a Home Theater monster, it also is very smooth with music.

You can't go wrong giving these guys a try. They are honest and will take the time to help you. 'Nuff said!

Ok, another question. I am really not planning on getting a second sub. I bought a '98 Jetta GLX this summer and would put more into that before I bought a SECOND sub for my home. Is it really worth it to get the samson s700? The only way I would buy the second sub is if i have so much money that I could just buy another amp. So what should i do? Will the 190 watts of the pc not be enough? is there a mono amp out there that would be cheaper? I am just thinking about money here. In no way do I want to be cheap, but I also don't want to waste money on an amp i only use 50% of. Oh, I would rather not go with a cheap 2 channel receiver. I want atleast as much power as the pc. Thanks everyone.

Hey Foost or Erdric.......

If either of you wants to go in on a pair of SVS subwoofers.....let me know. We can save about $40 each by ordering a pair.

I am ready to order mine within a week or so and this would save both of us a few $$$.

Email me.....PM......or post here if your interested.

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG 1.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (fronts)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player