Krell and ref 7s

Osinoff

I have been trying to get the right sound for my budget. I was running ref 3 speakers for sterio sound with a one year old Krell integrated amp. The amp has over 200 watts and can drive any speaker. Whats your experience with Krell and RF 7s. Any takers.

If you like the general presentation of the RF3 with the Krell, you will LOVE the RF7 with the Krell.

In addition to a MUCH more "wide open" and natural midrange presentation with the RF7, the Krell will make the most of the bass response of the 7's. Krell bass is da BOMB. 200 Krell watts should be sufficient to require a fresh, clean, pair of underwear at your first RF7 listening session. The bass will be powerful and TIGHT, and the midrange and highs will be CLEAN.

An upgrade to a speaker like the RF-7 is the best possible system upgrade. No other system purchase improves the system more than upgrading to good speakers. With gear like Krell, you NEED good speakers to hear just how good that gear can sound. Moving from the 3's to the 7's will make a BIG difference.

Hey there,

I think that the Krell is an EXCELLENT match for most Klipsch. However, I was highly disappointed with their multi channel amps. So if you have a stereo amp, you will be very happy with the result that you get.

Good luck and wish you lots of good times with the setup.

-F

i totally agree with audible nectar and mcgoo...i hooked up my krell amp to the ref 7s for a week and noticed how power hungry the 7s are....but for my home theater....im using the 7s with the denon monos(which also brings out some of the 7s best qualities) and leave the krell for the 2 channel duties...

this alomost sounds like a joke question, krell and everything sound fantastic, krell was what convinced me to stop spending so much money on my tt rig, once i tied my krell cd player into my 2 channel rig everything just opened up, i used to do sacd, dvd-a, and cd on my denon 2900, and the krell just made the denon sound flat, krell trult is a great piece of equipment, no matter what oiece you are tsalking about, ask the ear, he will tell you

Speakers break in very quickly. An hour or two will usually do it. It's not like an automobile that takes thousands of miles.

Your ears need some time to get used to the new sound and this is probably the real origin of "speaker break-in" comments from dealers.

Bill

My 7's seemed to change sound within 3 hours of play.

I would love to hear the 7's and the Krell integrated for fun to see if they would mate well together. I auditioned the paradigm studio 40's with a Denon receiver then a krell integrated and the difference was out of this world.